RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool May 17th 2024, 10:35 am

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17129 messages in 1006 subjects

Orange Bible merit question

3 posters

Go down

Orange Bible merit question Empty Orange Bible merit question

Post by Canadarangers September 2nd 2015, 12:02 am

Hi Guys. Do you have to do an entire set of Bible merit lessons form the same unit ie Acts or can you jump around from week to week pick and choosing what one we do?

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Orange Bible merit question Empty Re: Orange Bible merit question

Post by Claymore September 2nd 2015, 12:51 am

Good question.

It used to be that, in order for the boys to get a Bible Merit, then they had to complete all five lessons in the Bible "Book". It didn't really matter "when", but it would make sense that you would do them as a block.

Under the new Program of Instruction (using Roman Numerals instead of the names of the books for the Merit Patches), the boys need to do ANY eight Bible lessons to qualify for a Merit Level.

While I don't like the less structure, it does give you flexibility, in knowing that if you teach a Bible Lesson during each meeting, and if you keep good attendance records, then a boy will earn a Bible Merit for every 8 meetings that he attends. It does have an advantage that, prior to an awards service, you don't have to chase the boys down to make-up individual lessons for them to get a merit.

I know that there are some folks who have found outside sources for Bible Lessons. As long as they "meet or exceed" the regular R/R lessons, I don't have a problem with those folks using them.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross September 2nd 2015, 4:12 am

Even though you don't "need" all five of the lessons in each one, there is a cycle of themes for each lesson, 1-5, like "Godly Manhood", "Integrity", etc. So if you jump around you could theoretically do a bunch of "Godly Manhood" themed lessons followed by a bunch of "Integrity", so forth and so on. It wouldn't be hard to do that if that's what you're driving at, to keep one theme going for awhile because #1 is always the same theme, #2 always the same theme, etc, etc.

Personally I like the rotation knowing that it's going to cycle through all five themes as we go and then start again with the next Scripture book. But as I said, if you're wanting to keep a running theme for several weeks straight, I don't see any reason why it couldn't be done.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down