RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 9:24 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17120 messages in 1006 subjects

Greetings from Canada

+4
Canadarangers
strods
Mark Jones
joecool
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Greetings from Canada - Page 2 Empty Re: Greetings from Canada

Post by RRCmdrBennett April 30th 2015, 6:37 pm

The N Central region did awesome with their interconnecting pins. Yes, each district or Canada as a country made hat pins representing their locales. Iowa did cornstalks. You get a bunch of your own to trade for all the others. Go around and make friends and ask to trade.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers April 30th 2015, 11:56 pm

Who makes the pins? i guess I would have to source that out. Sounds like a good time..

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett May 1st 2015, 1:31 am

Not sure but each district staff makes them and everyone gets 1-2 freebies. You can buy additional ones from district staff so you can have plenty to trade.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers May 1st 2015, 11:37 am

Well, there is no Canada district staff.... As far as I know there is one other Outpost in Northern Ontario. I will have to contact NW district and see what they can tell me.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by strods May 1st 2015, 1:31 pm

Stupid question. As far as RR goes. Is Canada part of RRI, or does AG manage is with US, like a North America coordination. Neither would surprise me

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 1st 2015, 2:03 pm

A couple of nights ago, I did a search for "Royal Rangers, Canada", and it showed the "Royal Rangers, International", and then "Royal Rangers U.S. & Canada".

So from that, it looks like the Canadian Outposts fall under the "U.S./Canada" Chain of Command.  However, I do not know where they would receive their support at District Level.

It shows that there is more truth in that old Canadian Saying,

............"The Americans are our friends,........... whether we like it, or not."

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers May 1st 2015, 3:36 pm

Claymore wrote:A couple of nights ago, I did a search for "Royal Rangers, Canada", and it showed the "Royal Rangers, International", and then "Royal Rangers U.S. & Canada".

So from that, it looks like the Canadian Outposts fall under the "U.S./Canada" Chain of Command.  However, I do not know where they would receive their support at District Level.

It shows that there is more truth in that old Canadian Saying,

............"The Americans are our friends,........... whether we like it, or not."

I have done that search a few times and came up with the same stuff. National told me that We would have to seek the help of the closest District geographically, for me that would be the Northwest. Once I finally talked to the right guy thinks started to roll better. We have a Ranger Basics & Essentials training weekend scheduled in June.

I have emailed with Doug Marsh about getting Rangers going in Canada. I have been praying for God to use this program and go across the country with it. Baby steps first, like I said previously and I said this to Doug as well, the program needs to be "Canadianized" and it also needs to have to support of a major Denomination, like PAOC. The problem with that is the PAOC has it's own BG club(boys and girls) but it's age range is smaller and in my opinion looks weak and boring for boys, (that is only based on the cover of the material as I have not looked in the curriculum (wordcom.ca search BG clubs)). I have asked Wordcom to carry some of the ranger material to make it easier to get, but they won't do it at this point for just one customer. The carry most other GPH and MHC items.

Doug is very interested in what we do with the program at our church, and he has asked me to keep him updated on it.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 2nd 2015, 12:57 pm

You will do well.

Use Mark Jones as your example (don't try to keep up with him, it will kill you, just use him as your example).

There is often a "honeymoon" period for a new Outpost, when everyone loves what you are doing with the kids. Then later on, there will be SOME person(s) who will criticize that you are not doing the "perfect" Christian Ministry.

They won't want to help to do the work; they'll just want to tell YOU how to do it.

So don't get frustrated. That's just the nature of some church-people.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 2nd 2015, 7:16 pm

You guys are funny. I just love Rangers and live breath and eat Ranger Ministry. Every now and then I gotta unclip and turn towards my wife and readjust my focus... or take a old fashioned wooping.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers May 2nd 2015, 7:57 pm

Claymore wrote:You will do well.  

Use Mark Jones as your example (don't try to keep up with him, it will kill you, just use him as your example).

There is often a "honeymoon" period for a new Outpost, when everyone loves what you are doing with the kids.  Then later on, there will be SOME person(s) who will criticize that you are not doing the "perfect" Christian Ministry.

They won't want to help to do the work; they'll just want to tell YOU how to do it.

So don't get frustrated.  That's just the nature of some church-people.

Is there such thing as the "perfect Christian Ministry"? Not since Christ walked on the earth was there a perfect ministry.

I have had a few people complain that there is nothing for the girls in our church. My answer has been that they need to find something that you think would fit well into our church and do it, don't expect someone else to do it. The expectation seem to be that the pastoral staff is supposed to come up with programs and execute them. My pastor was so excited when I suggested rangers and that I would be willing to take the lead with it. He loves the program, but he is even more excited that someone else is going to do it.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 2nd 2015, 9:49 pm

I told this story before, but I will risk boring others on this forum for your entertainment's sake.

I retired from Milwaukee, and we moved to Mississippi.  We had been attending a Pentecostal Church here for about a year, and we had the pastor & his wife over for supper.

We chit-chatted over a pleasant supper, and during desert, I made the comment that I had been a commander in a Royal Ranger Outpost up in Milwaukee.

The pastor dropped his fork on his plate, looked up at me, & his eyes got big.  I said to myself, "Boy, you just messed up".

Two weeks later, the pastor & his wife invited us and an Elder & his wife to their house for supper.  The conversation topic, "How 'bout doing a Boys' Ministry for the Church?"

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers May 8th 2015, 1:06 pm

Well we had our first Info meeting for potential Leaders the other night. We had 6 guys show up and I know 6 other guys that told me they couldn't make it.

I am so excited.....

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by strods May 9th 2015, 12:16 am

wow, if even half of those men commit you will be well blessed

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 9th 2015, 11:56 am

Six plus another six.

That should give you a staff about twelve times the size of our outpost!

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers May 9th 2015, 8:44 pm

How many boys in each group do you have and what size community are you in?

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 10th 2015, 12:09 am

Our Church went through a recent "downsizing" problem.  Sunday Attendance was about 180, and we used to have about 13 boys with an Adventure Ranger and Expedition Ranger Group.

Now, we're running Attendance of about 110 and have about 5 to 6 boys, and we follow the Discovery Ranger Schedule.

Our Town is about 3,000 people, but we have a lot of Pentecostal competition.  There is Church of God, Church of God of Prophesy, "The" Church of God, Old-Timey Church of God, Assembly of God, Freewill Baptist (Bapticostals), and a couple of non-affiliated Charismatic/Pentecostal Churches.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers May 10th 2015, 1:18 am

I live in a city of 33,000 people, we have a 175-200 people on sundays with lots of young families. We also have the largest daycare in the city with 60-80 ranger aged boys a week. I am aiming to start with RK, DR, and a few AR.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 10th 2015, 1:00 pm

Claymore wrote:Our Town is about 3,000 people, but we have a lot of Pentecostal competition.  There is Church of God, Church of God of Prophesy, "The" Church of God, Old-Timey Church of God, Assembly of God, Freewill Baptist (Bapticostals), and a couple of non-affiliated Charismatic/Pentecostal Churches.

Our town is similar: Church of God, Pentecostal Church of God, Church of Christ, another Assembly of God church & a non-affiliated Charismatic/Pentecostal church

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett May 17th 2015, 12:37 am

Claymore is that one church you called "the" church of God based in Cle, TN under Overseer Smith that split from Prophecy in 1993?

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 19th 2015, 3:41 am

RRCmdrBennett wrote:Claymore is that one church you called "the" church of God based in Cle, TN under Overseer Smith that split from Prophecy in 1993?

Not sure.

I know that our church actually calls itself, "Church of God, Cleveland, Tenn", and it is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year.

I just know that there is another church across town that calls itself "The" Church of God, and we're not affiliated with each other, but I don't know what history we share. A block away from us is a "Church of God of Prophesy"; I don't really know much about them, nor what history we share.

There can be some extremely conservative & legalistic branches of the COG. I had mentioned earlier that our pastor was a guest speaker at another church and saw a ledger that listed a woman who had been disfellowshipped for getting a hair permanent.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett May 19th 2015, 9:36 am

If its same kind of "The Church of God" I know quite a bit of history. My wife and inlaws originate in CoG of Prophecy which had a splinter in 1993 and some churches broke away to form "The Church of God" put special emphasis on "The" pronounced more like "Thee" as in thee one and only embodiment of Christ's true church arisen on this side of the dark ages. They R based in Cle, TN mailing address in Charleston to avoid confusion with your CoG. Up till the 1980's COGOP or prophecy for short believed in exclusivity the one true church one fold belief. That is why the TCOG splinter group formed in order to quote keep it the real church a theocratic church upholding holiness standards. Some of the main teaches are no double marriages while your div partner lives. If they div partner dies you are free to remarry. No jewelry is another big teaching. Prophecy in their words let down on those teachings even changing the markers and in the Fields of the Wood park in NC. Before the '80s prophecy believed and taught same as TCOG and was splintered from your original Church of God in 1923 when it too supposed changed its teachings and also ran things "democratically" rather than "theocratically". CoG your church I presume used to teach it was the true church. To differentiate the members of prophecy and tcog factions call you guys Church of God of Elders. Tcog uses Zech 13: forget the verse # the one about the first and second parts being cut off and third part will remain there in to substantiate its claim to be the true church.

In the end before the midtrib rapture all sheep Christ will bring into his church tcog before he raptures them away. You'll know tcog by its flag a red background with 4 diagonal blue lines that touch on the sides but remain separate at the top and bottom with a big white oval that contains a star, scepter, and crown. The separation of the blue lines at top and bottom represent the church and kingdom sheep not united yet in one fold. They cite Jesus saying he has sheep not this fold that must be brought in also. For them they believe you can be saved outside the church but you are a sheep of the other fold Jesus mentions not yet a member of his church the fold he wants all to be inside of before he comes again.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett May 19th 2015, 9:45 am

Greetings from Canada - Page 2 88FB72B7-009F-4B52-8C9E-1062D4E36FA0_zps13hhepo2

I forgot the two white bars on it too. That is TCOG flag. Only difference between it and cogop is each item the star sceptre amd crown are each inside their own separate white circle.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers May 23rd 2015, 8:25 pm

Hope all my American brothers are having a good long weekend! My boss thought it would be nice if I worked this past Monday(national holiday in Canada) and gave me Friday off instead for my long weekend.

Have a nice cold Dr.pepper on me!

2 weeks until Ranger basics and Essentials!
I am so excited!

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 24th 2015, 12:56 am

Well, happy Victoria Day to you, Jeremy.

Sorry that we're late in wishing it to you.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers June 11th 2015, 12:49 am

2 more days until the first ranger basics/essentials weekend in Canada. I got 8 guys signed up. Greetings from Canada - Page 2 2170049002

Please pray for us this weekend as we are going to be packing a lot in to it.

I am so excited!

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum