RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool Yesterday at 3:08 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool May 13th 2024, 8:45 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17127 messages in 1006 subjects

What Your Outpost Did This Week.

+9
joecool
Phillip Gross
Claymore
ccm2361
Canadarangers
sreidelberger
Mark Jones
RRCmdrBennett
strods
13 posters

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 Empty Re: What Your Outpost Did This Week.

Post by ccm2361 May 21st 2016, 10:19 pm

This week we started our annual Fencing "program". We run it every May for 5-7 weeks.  The kids love it.  They think they are learning how to sword fight,Fencing  but shhhh, don't tell them they are actually learning discipline. wansntme2

I forgot the camera as I got out of work late & just got there 3 minutes to spare.  but here are some pics from previous years

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P7080174_zpsnbrncxa2

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P6240144_zpsfjojugjq

I even get in on the fun sometimes-for demonstration purposes only of course  Very Happy

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P5290012

Last edited by ccm2361 on May 24th 2016, 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 Empty Re: What Your Outpost Did This Week.

Post by Mark Jones May 23rd 2016, 2:35 pm

Foam Swords are the best. Boys of all ages love them.

We had some great times with them. Boys are always ready for it.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 23rd 2016, 7:39 pm

Chris,

Do you make the swords, or are they store-bought?

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 23rd 2016, 9:25 pm

Man, Chris. Didn't the sun come out the last 6 months? Sunny
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 23rd 2016, 9:35 pm

Claymore wrote:Chris,

Do you make the swords, or are they store-bought?

we made them out of PVC pipe with foam pipe insulation as padding & then duct taped.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 23rd 2016, 9:39 pm

joecool wrote:Man, Chris. Didn't the sun come out the last 6 months?  Sunny  

Might have been a day or 2 Dunno

I work often in the 7th cloudiest city in America What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 2410941

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 25th 2016, 12:10 pm

Hey Hey Hey! It's Pow Wow time. One week from today is the last day for preparations for District Pow Wow Olympic Theme.

Looking forward to it. We did some major upgrades to the Campground these past 2 months and now were at the Outpost Level getting as many as we can to go. Right now were at 33...but it will go up this week for sure. Generally we have 40 to 50 in camp at Pow Wow.

Spent a hour last night in the back yard cutting up some old cedar fence sections for the firecraft part of my Kayaking event. They get to do 3 things at our event. Kayaking across a 250' lake and around. A frame fire using a provided 8" length of cedar fence a cheapo Walmart grilling knife camping section attached by galv wire to a 16" long 2x2 baton and a few matches. I call it one match fire but few really get it done with one match. Wind blows it out most of the time on the first try. Then they will Orienteer a "white" DR-easy course with 9 points going almost a mile.

Lots of fun with a whole lot of neat stuff, 3D 10 point archery course with real 3d targets.

All kinds of cool stuff happening. Best part 3 nights of campfires, fellowship and fun outside in God's creation.

Hope you all can make the BIGGEST EVENT OF THE YEAR. District Pow Wow. Wooo Whoo!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones June 8th 2016, 7:16 am

We had a great time at Pow Wow. 500 folk there. Lots of rain. Souls saved. Took me 3 days to get rested back up.

God is good all the time.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 9th 2016, 12:00 am

So, on Sunday of two weeks ago, the Pastor spoke of 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (that the physical body is temporal, but that the spirit and spiritual world are eternal).  Since the kids were in Children's Church at that time, I felt that it was too good of a message to waste on just adults.

I purchased some avocados.  After Church, this past Sunday, I cut a couple up and did my first attempt at making some simple mild guacamole.  I saved about 1/4 of an avocado, and I put it in the refrigerator/uncovered so that air could get at it for three days.

For our Bible Study, I pulled out an avocado in front of the boys, cut and mashed it, added some lemon and some lime juice, salt & pepper, and a little dash of (mild) hot sauce.  Then, out came a big bag of tortilla chips.

The boys all said that they'd never had guacamole.  Some were hesitant.  I said that they could just dip a taste, and if they didn't like it, they could spit it out in the waste basket.  

That sounded fair.  No tortilla chips nor guacamole was spit out.  In fact, they started scooping it out like bandits.

I had printed out copies of the Bible verses. When the boys were about 2/3 of the way through the guacamole, I handed out the Bible verses to them, and we read them.  I said that we primarily pay attention to our physical bodies, even though they will quickly deteriorate.  Our spirits will live for eternity and never deteriorate.  I said that our current physical health is like that great-tasting guacamole.

Then I pulled out the 1/4 avocado that had been open in the refrigerator since Sunday.  I said that, just a couple of days ago, it was as good as what they are eating.  But now it is old, shriveled up and turning black.  Who wants some nice rotten black avocado?

The reply was, "Yuck".

So I said to the boys, "What does the nice fresh green avocado represent?".  They said, "Life, with our Spirits".

"What does the shriveled black avocado represent?".  Answer, "Our bodies without life."

Enough said.............................enjoy your guacamole!

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones June 9th 2016, 9:30 am

Great devotion. Good stuff!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross June 9th 2016, 7:49 pm

I like that.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers June 10th 2016, 11:47 am

Edible devotions. I like that!

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 June 13th 2016, 9:54 pm

Great work Commander! Thumbs up

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 June 13th 2016, 9:59 pm

We have continued to work on our fencing the last few weeks (we did miss one week as my kids were both sick & I wasn't feeling great either)

Of course I have for gotten to bring the camera Embarassed each time.

This week we will be adding 2 new elements Sword & Dagger and English Quarterstaff.

Pics to follow (putting the camera in the Ranger bag as we speak)

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers June 25th 2016, 11:36 pm

We held our first Merit day where we did the Firearm Safety merit. Turn out was less then I expected, 4 out of 6 boys, 2 of them have been really hit or miss in attending. Hopefully now we will see them more often. We got in 5 lessons to complete the merit, 2 bible lessons, a review of some Firecraft material so we could roast hotdogs, and a couple of fun games.
End result was one boy finished his requirements for his Silver falcon, now he will just have to recite the points and everything else to get his Gold.

Now they are all waiting for a chance to go out shooting. Maybe in September we will do that as a father/son event.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 25th 2016, 11:58 pm

Good job, Jeremy.

I know that it's a lot of work, running a course. We all, sometimes, focus on the number of participants & wish that there were more recipients for the quality instruction that you put out.

But who knows? There could be a future Olympic Shooter in those 4 boys.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 June 29th 2016, 9:25 pm

time for a photo dump!

We finished up fencing last week & started tool craft. Here are some piccies of the last 3 weeks

2 weeks ago I introduced some new weapons to fencing. Normally we use single sword s single sword. But this year I added English Quarter staff & Sword & dagger.

this is also the first year I have allowed Rangers to operate the camera (AR only) so you will see more of me than in the past. (and some blurry shots)

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P6150140_zpsmbfoekmb

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P6220200_zpsdvs8qh1j

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P6220199_zpshalrucxv

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P6220185_zpswaemeuut

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P6220194_zpsaxox7z7w

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P6150151_zpspososjto

My son & I fight a hard fought match
What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P6150167_zpsmqqjjhyo

Attempting to score on each other
What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P6150169_zpscolvr1kb

Me taking on all comers with only a dagger ( I won)
What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P6150159_zpsencpi4f8

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P6220207_zpspx3cjqlo

Tool Craft tonight
Learning to pass a knife

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P6290001_zpstkvezgbc

What Your Outpost Did This Week. - Page 13 P6290002_zpsftb4ippw

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 29th 2016, 10:34 pm

Found a little time to work on your tan, eh, Chris?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones June 30th 2016, 12:50 pm

Passing a knife crossing the body? Supposed to be face to face. Left hand passing to the other persons right hand....or right hand passing to the other persons left hand.

Crossing the body has been deamed hazardous...(I don't know why but they think it is) GRIN!

Don't watch me while I am working. I only teach this stuff when I am teaching it. Otherwise I do it the most useful way. GRIN!

I have seen leaders screaming at boys carrying a knife. I just shake my head and think. "that boy won't be back"

One time a boy just bought a knife and he had it in a folded cardboard in his back pocket and a commander jumped all over him about it. I just asked the boy what he thought. He said he just bought it and the commander that sold it to him told him to bring it back to his camp like that and keep it put up until he had a proper sheath for it.

At Pow Wow I got pulled over by a Federal Marshall saying it was in violation of rules to have a 15 year old boy on the back of the golf cart the stuff we had just picked up was in his seat and he was standing between things as we drove to the drop off point.

Legalease wise I was in the wrong. However in practum I was doing it in a safe manner. Federal Marshall apologized to me a little later in the day. He said he checked with the rule maker and the rule maker said "Leave Mark Jones alone" he is always doing what he is supposed to be doing. GRIN!

I will buy a box that will make hauling on the golf cart and leave a seat for the 3rd person. So I won't be in the wrong next year..........(well maybe sometimes...grin) 5 big wheels may just have to be stacked and tied on again...GRIN! Yet I will drive at a walk pace......(Hopefully)

Keep up the good work and teach those boys and girls. It's good stuff.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 30th 2016, 2:52 pm

Mark Jones wrote:

At Pow Wow I got pulled over by a Federal Marshall saying it was in violation of rules ...................

Mark Jones

Yeah!

Give a guy a Badge, and he turns into a Dink!

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 June 30th 2016, 5:27 pm

joecool wrote:Found a little time to work on your tan, eh, Chris?

I am outdoors a lot at work Laughing

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers October 19th 2016, 12:10 pm

I stand amazed at how good our God is and how blessed we are.

Last year we ended the year with 5 DR boys. This year I have now 17, an only 3 of them were moved up from Ranger Kids. We have had new boys every week since we started back in Sept 20th.

I am going to need more leaders, this is a good thing and a bad thing.....

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones October 19th 2016, 3:09 pm

Good job Commander. It's exciting to see the ministry grow and the boys have a good time and learning stuff. What does your calendar look like for 2017 for RR ministry?

Mark Jones

Canadarangers wrote:I stand amazed at how good our God is and how blessed we are.

Last year we ended the year with 5 DR boys.  This year I have now 17, an only 3 of them were moved up from Ranger Kids.  We have had new boys every week since we started back in Sept 20th.

I am going to need more leaders, this is a good thing and a bad thing.....
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers October 19th 2016, 11:32 pm

Mark Jones wrote:Good job Commander. It's exciting to see the ministry grow and the boys have a good time and learning stuff.  What does your calendar look like for 2017 for RR ministry?

In Flux.....We are still coming up with easy things to do with the boys. We are looking at a spring camping weekend. I am also hoping to take them up into the mountains where there will be some snow and build some shelters etc... I have lots of ideas.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross October 20th 2016, 2:12 am

Now that makes me jealous! I'd love to be able to take the boys on a camp out in snow without driving 8 hrs...

Keep the updates coming. It's great to hear what's going on.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next