RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool Yesterday at 8:26 pm

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool May 17th 2024, 10:35 am

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17129 messages in 1006 subjects

How to deal with dispair and lack luster feelings.

4 posters

Go down

How to deal with dispair and lack luster feelings. Empty How to deal with dispair and lack luster feelings.

Post by Mark Jones November 21st 2014, 9:04 am

I don't know why. I just know it comes and goes with in me.

I find myself in a time of despair and disslusion from time to time. A time where I just feel like getting things off my back. A time where I think. I am doing all this work for what reason. Boys seem disinterested in the countless hours I am spending on something they should like to do and only a few turn out.

I know these times come and go. I generally just let it roll off my back and just continue on.
I think the only thing that helps get me through these times is incouragement. A thank you. A boy saying thanks Commander Jones. (they generally do most of the time anyway) but there just seems to be something that trys to drag me down.

What seems to work best for me is to look on to Christ. To be grateful of what He has done for me. To give praise and worship and thank Him for what He has provided and to look at all the blessings I have been given. I can loose sight of those things so fast and almost be blind to the blessings.

Don't know why I am sharing this. Perhaps I just need to flush my thoughts or perhaps someone else gets these things happen to them as well and need a gentle reminder that God is still in Charge and we all need to look to Him for All things.

Mean while. I need to get back to Keepin on for Jesus.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

How to deal with dispair and lack luster feelings. Empty Re: How to deal with dispair and lack luster feelings.

Post by strods November 21st 2014, 11:32 am

Well for one, you are sharing it because if you can't level with your brothers at in the ministry, who can you?
We are far more unique in the church, than other ministries. How many others have major changes in process every 2 years, need supervision OVERNIGHT regularly, and on and on and on. Obviously, you have our prayers.

2. If the patriarch of our team here can at least feel the weight of the ministry, I think it validates the same weight us young bucks feel. So your confessions help us.

3. My district Cmdr said one, 'Every Cmdr quits... often. Usually weekly about Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Then Sunday morning aften mid service, they usually saddle up again.' If that isn't picking up the Cross I don't know what is.

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

How to deal with dispair and lack luster feelings. Empty Re: How to deal with dispair and lack luster feelings.

Post by joecool November 21st 2014, 4:44 pm

For 35 years now, my wife and I have been pouring ourselves into a variety of children's ministries. You name it, we've done it. From being helpers to being in charge. Sometimes we had help, sometimes we were all there was. We can probably count on one hand the number of times someone went out of their way to say thank you. One of those times was when a young man in a suit and a big smile walked up to us at a sidewalk restaurant and gave us a hug. After a few moments, we figured out who he was. Another time, on vacation we went to a town we used to live in and visited our old church. A young lady literally ran over to us and said "I remember you!" Both of them had been blessed under our ministry work. It's moments like these that keep us going.

Not to mention the big smile, hug and "I know you" that we'll get one day from Jesus. And I know that you already know that, Mark. In the meantime, maybe you just need to throttle back a little bit with all the outside activities that you do. You need a little rest. And the rest of the outpost needs to get to the point where they miss what you do and not take it for granted.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 21st 2014, 5:14 pm

Wise advice. I asked my Sr. Commander if he would get someone else to do the COA merits and power points and certificates. 150 to 250. He is sweating that one. I can do them in about 2 hours. Other folks it's taken them days to do it.

Our Church is taking the pattern of James River AOG Mega Church in our town and eliminating the vans we use. Said it didn't add up on paper to keep them. It's cheaper to lease them when we need them. So I told my Sr Commander...let's sub out the COA stuff and hire someone to do them. GRIN!

It's funny how something like this makes perfect sense unless it affects them in a negative manor then that perfect logic they use... fizzles out in to a pile of poo.

I have learned as you have as well. It's good to let them walk a little while in my shoes and really see what the effort feels like. I used to use the Church van on our trips. This year they restricted it to 30 miles or less and our District Pow Wow.

It would be smart for them to realize that if we put the pencil to going to church on Sunday morning it wouldn't add up in man's economy to do so. Yet we know it adds up in God's economy. You would thank a HQ church would have some wisdom other than worldly man math.

I keep having to shake it off. I can afford the gas and will continue on doing what I am doing. I just am loosing faith in our churches to make God choices. They seem to walk around in a fog.

Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by strods November 22nd 2014, 9:08 am

Mark as you have been around the block, and unless there is a secret you're keeping from us, you aren't going to be here forever. Have you thought about training up your assistant / replacement? Pass on the benifits of your time. Mentor.

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 22nd 2014, 10:05 am

strods wrote:  Have you thought about training up your assistant / replacement? Pass on the benifits of your time. Mentor.

And that's exactly what I'm planning on doing for the rest of the school year. Senior pastor knows it, though I'm going to wait until after Christmas. If the new guy is still clueless (communication stinks at my church), I'll bring him up to speed. At this point, I'm not sure if I'll be coming back in a reduced capacity or if I'm hanging up my bolo for good. 33 years of Rangers, with about 25 of them as senior commander. Time to pass the torch.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 23rd 2014, 10:58 am

Well in my little ole world I have found that all the training and mentoring in the world adds up to diddly squat....unless the person has a heart for it If they have the heart for it. It's something they glean and learn as they go. It's more about time spent than training.

The people with heart for what your doing has the niche. The other 95% come and get trained hang out for a couple of years and then move off to something different. Doesn't mean they are better or worse they just don't have the heart for it.

I just get frustrated from time to time.

I am working on our OUtpost Calendar year at glance for the boys to take home and post on their refrigerator. Been doing that for 20 years. It's one of the things that work. We give it out at every COA.

It's almost time for church. I need to get dressed.

Mark Jones

strods wrote:Mark as you have been around the block, and unless there is a secret you're keeping from us, you aren't going to be here forever.  Have you thought about training up your assistant / replacement? Pass on the benifits of your time. Mentor.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 24th 2014, 7:15 am

Had a nice talk with my Sr. Commander last night before Rangers. Just vented some frustrations with things. Told him I am sometimes like a steam engine I just need to blow off some steam and then get back to work.

Church on Sunday was good. A special time around the altar for folks that are a bit bitter. The whole church showed up down there. GRIN! We are not alone. In these fallen bodies the flesh is always trying to be selfish.

I struggle with it too. Yet in the end We Win! Praise to the King of Kings and my thougths go to Him and what He has done for me at the Cross of Calvary helps me with these selfish issues. It's the Power of the Gospel that is beyond man's math.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by red squirrel November 25th 2014, 9:38 am

As a 39 year old product of the ministry of Rangers, I say thank you for your service. The ministry has changed my life growing up in it, and today being in leadership roles.

Any work in ministry God has called us to do will not fall to the ground. Even if a lad chooses poorly, he still has been given the opportunity to know the truth. Continue to fight!

Its interesting we are to pray for the workers of the harvest. NOT the harvest, it is already ready and ripe. We are to pray for the workers. WE are the workers.

Stay the course brother! Stay where God has called you!

red squirrel
red squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 26th 2014, 9:01 am

My Dad passed a year ago in September.  We ordered and paid for a head stone to be set.  We were told it would take 2 months to get the marker made delivered and placed.  It's been 6 months.

My Mom called 3 times and was given it's been made. It's sitting on a truck in Georgia.  They are waiting for more stuff to put on the truck in Georgia.

So she asked me if I would contact them.  Sent a letter explaining what we were promised and what we were told.  I asked kindly to handle the matter post haste.  3 days go by.  No call.  

My Mom called and said.  Well they got your Dad's marker placed and they are all done and would you please call your son and tell him we got it handled.  GRIN!

I was talking to my Sr. Commander about this before I got the word they had taken care of it. He told me it took him 16 months to get a marker put on his Dad's grave.  My jaw dropped.  

I thanked God for getting this taken care of and am thankful I didn't have to do much but send a
"Official letter".  

Little things can grate on us and wear us down.  

I just about have the year at a glance calendar done and most of the COA merits are input.  

It's snowing like crazy.  Woo Whoo Rangers!

Happy Thanks Giving to you all!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum