RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool May 11th 2024, 10:25 am

» May 2024 Thread
by joecool May 11th 2024, 10:00 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17124 messages in 1006 subjects

Waging War

Go down

Waging War Empty Waging War

Post by joecool May 15th 2023, 3:27 pm

This is going to be a multi-part series, inspired by a recent message from my pastor on an evening set aside for prayer.

TACTICAL SHIFT

War-gamers and military leaders the world over have watched the war in Ukraine and realized that their own preparations for a future conflict are likely obsolete. New weapons, defensive and offensive, along with new tactics, are likely needed to improve the odds for success.

I think it's been the better part of 30 years since I heard a pastor speak on spiritual warfare. Not just in passing, but to the exclusion of anything else. It's serious business. Because if you're not properly prepared for it, you risk getting pounded into next week. There's an example of that in the 19th chapter of Acts. Despite knowing the value of being a committed prayer warrior, I know that I'm not ready yet to be one. Some days, it feels like I'm still in boot camp and shouldn't be deployed to the front lines. Later in the evening, I sat down next to my pastor and shared my frustrations about what's going on in the culture. Yes, our state's legislature recently enacted several pro-life bills and put restrictions on trans medical "care." But everything is on hold pending the usual lawsuits. It always feels like we are forever playing catch-up, and are only reacting to what's already entrenched in society.

How do we get ahead of the power curve, so that we can head off the next crazy leftist idea, and save young people from getting hurt all the more? I'm nobody special, and I'm frustrated at the never-ending evil offensive. What's it like for those in positions of authority, some of whom must feel the same way? We're not gaining any ground. How can we figure out what's coming next, so that our actions can hinder or even stop it from happening? My pastor reminded me of Romans 8:26 - "In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express."

Of course. Not exactly a new tactic, as it's been around for two thousand years. But it's still effective. It's pro-active, not re-active. It tells me that I need to get out of boot camp and attend the (Spiritual) War College, where one of the professors is my pastor and another is Paul. If you want to learn, sit under the teaching of those who have been there, done that. They've earned their stripes, and they want the same for us. There's a need for warriors.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Waging War Empty Re: Waging War

Post by joecool May 17th 2023, 9:27 am

M-14

The downward spiral of our country seems to accelerate with the revelations in every news cycle. It seems like there's nothing we can do to change it. But there's a danger in being fixated on the onrushing ground, much like a pilot in a doomed aircraft. The imminent end mesmerizes or paralyzes us to the point of inaction. Or, it makes us repeat the same ineffective action that we might be making an effort at. So, what might make a difference in this culture war? Using an M-14 might help.

You know, chapter 14 from the book of Mark. I quote verses 32 to 34 - "They went to a place called Gethsemane, and Jesus said to his disciples, "Sit here while I pray." He took Peter, James and John along with him, and he began to be deeply distressed and troubled. "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death," he said to them."

You bet I'm deeply distressed and troubled. All you have to do is look at the Culture Rot thread to see that. But I'm not overwhelmed with sorrow. Most days, I have a suppressed level of anger at what the Left is doing to this country. But I have gained a greater understanding of how that has hindered my effectiveness. Because what I've been doing is re-active, instead of pro-active.

Will my soul ever be overwhelmed with sorrow? To be honest, I've never even been close, but I know that it's necessary, and I think I know what I need to do. In a way, I have allowed the arteries of my heart to be hardened by constant exposure to the culture. I need to open my heart to more hurting people, which will allow the resulting sorrow to prompt a more effective response.

For I know who the enemy is, and he hides behind the Left. Be pro-active. And don't worry about your M-14 ever running out of ammo.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 20th 2023, 10:06 pm

PROXY WAR

Knowing how disastrous all-out wars can be, especially in the nuclear age, superpowers avoid direct confrontation. There were still major conflicts, but the US and the Soviet Union chose to take turns getting their militaries directly involved in one. But that didn't prevent them from flexing their muscles through the use of a proxy.

The US would support one side in a conflict, and the Soviet Union took the other side. Both superpowers would flood the region with advisors and weapons, seeking to gain an advantage and an opportunity to knock their opponent down a notch.

In the Culture War, the Left is heavily influenced by Satan. He whispers into their ears, just softly enough to make them think they're coming up with their own ideas. And everyone is the poorer whenever they act on them. Unfortunately, fighting the Left has hardly slowed them down. And they never seem to run out of proxy soldiers willing to turn the world upside down. How can we get ahead of the power curve so that our resistance is more effective? Be more than a proxy. Be pro-active, versus re-active. Use His power as your weapon.

"For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds." (2 Cor 10:3-4)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 24th 2023, 4:41 pm

SATAN'S KILLING FIELDS

As the war in Vietnam wound down, a civil war escalated in neighboring Cambodia. Pol Pot led a Marxist rebellion that took control of the country and plunged it into chaos. Upwards of 2 million Cambodians died in the so-called "killing fields," through outright murder, disease and starvation.

There was another killing fields tactic in history, which involved salting the ground to make it worthless and unlivable to your enemies. Moses warned his people that it might happen if they turned away from God. Non-biblical accounts are found as early as the 8th century BC, and there was an isolated incident in 18th century Portugal.

Satan's tactics over the last century have certainly made me feel that my country is becoming more and more unlivable. Just this week, the LA Dodgers have flip-flopped back and forth before making a final decision to "honor an extremist transgendered group that openly mocks Catholics, the mother of Jesus and even our Savior. And huge blowback has forced retail giant Target to pull an LGBT-themed children's clothing line off the shelves...but only because it was designed by a Satanist.

How to be pro-active, instead of re-active? We're supposed to be light and salt to the world. What if we could "salt" Satan's fields before he could get to them? Make the ground useless to him. Start by throwing spiritual salt around your home and church. Go outwards from there. Expand your protected land.

"Jabez called out to the God of Israel, 'Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory!'" (1 Chron 4:10)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 29th 2023, 8:48 am

REMEMBERING THE FALLEN

In every conflict, there will be those who paid the ultimate price. And for those of us who served in uniform, many know such a person. It's good to have a national day set aside to remember them.

In this spiritual war, there are also casualties. Though we probably don't know someone who died a martyr, we know that it's a common occurrence in some parts of the world. The Bible tells us that in the final days it will be even more widespread, including here in America. But if we are faithful and stand strong in our beliefs, we will be raptured to glory.

In the meantime, though, persecution is growing. At this point, it's primarily economic and emotional. And if it hasn't come to us for now, know that it will. It just hasn't been our turn yet. Stand strong.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 4th 2023, 10:28 pm

RECRUITING

Most branches of the military are experiencing difficulty in signing up enough people to meet recruiting goals. If the national defense leaders don't drop their woefully misguided attempts at social engineering, and make a focused return to the traditional role and emphasis of the military, failure will become chronic and debilitating. The military will shrink and age, losing its effectiveness to response to threats to our country. But, perhaps that's the goal of this administration, given that it is controlled and run by leftists. And continually lowering standards won't help the numbers, either.

One of the most important things we can do as Christians is to lead others to Christ. In effect, we are recruiting them to join His kingdom. But, just like in military recruiting, it's getting harder and harder to get people to sign on the dotted line. "The god of this age has blinded the minds of the unbelievers." (2 Cor 4:4) But we must soldier on in obedience, sharing His truth. And we are never to lower the standards by which Christians live their lives. Although we are in the world, we are not of the world.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 7th 2023, 9:18 pm

INTELLIGENCE

(This place reserved for Claymore)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member