RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 Yesterday at 10:23 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool May 18th 2024, 8:26 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17130 messages in 1006 subjects

August 2018

4 posters

Go down

August 2018 Empty August 2018

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 19th 2018, 1:02 am

Better late than never...

Phillip Gross wrote:Working 7 days a week trying to get these school renovations done. Phillip Jr in his 3rd summer on the job has been doing well. The next in line, Seth, has done well too and now knows what real work is like. I think they're both looking forward to school starting so they can have a vacation... Laughing

Now that Jr is 15 and driving, he decided to buy an '81 Harley-Davidson Shovelhead for his first set of wheels. It's a beautiful bike that made me just a little jealous. Laughing I say enjoy it while he can! A wife and kids will be his main focus before he knows it. Life happens so quickly. Might as well enjoy some frivolous purchases over the next few years before all the necessities crowd them out...

Like most guys he’ll have to sell everything but his soul when he signs the contract. Hopefully, be chooses wisely like the guardian of the Holy Grail would say.

Earlly Sunday I leave for Indianapolis for 3 weeks of CDL Class A Training to work for PAM Transport on the road long haul. I’ve passed the general knowledge, air brakes, and tank endorsement permit tests but have to knock out the combination trailer test. DOT Physical is clear. PAM pays $4k of the Training and $45/week from me y check will pay the $2k. Paid stay at an extended stay hotel. A $1200 sign on bonus that pays $200 while in school and $500 after 90 and 180 days contingent on me acquiring a hazmat endorsement. After school 3 weeks of paid on the job training with a mentor. Then following the Mentor period I go up to a weekly rate equaling up to $60k team driving or $45k solo driving. I’ll try the team driving and see how it works out.

To top it off there is a gun store/range/Training place called “Point Blank” only 1 min from my hotel! I’ve been wanting to go to the one in Mentor on east side of Cleveland but it’s over an hour away. I got over 250 rounds of 9mm from Christmas itching to be launched these next 3 weeks!

Philip, funny you mention a Harley one bonus based on fuel efficiency is a Harley!

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

August 2018 Empty Re: August 2018

Post by Mark Jones August 20th 2018, 10:55 am

Becareful with over the road driving. It' will tax a marriage into divorce if you are not very very careful. Leaving the wife for long periods of time is very hard on a relationship.

My brother inlaw is driving over the road now for 2 years. It is paying the bills and getting them ahead but he had been absent from the family for most gatherings since he started only making a couple of them. His whole life is wrapped up into a Truck Cab with a bed in it and a refrigerator.

My personal opinion try and find something else to do. It's not much of a life...but it pays pretty well but so do other things.

Mark Jones (just want the best for you) Over the road is HARD on everyone.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 20th 2018, 5:52 pm

Mark Jones wrote:Becareful with over the road driving. It' will tax a marriage into divorce if you are not very very careful.  Leaving the wife for long periods of time is very hard on a relationship.  

My brother inlaw is driving over the road now for 2 years.  It is paying the bills and getting them ahead but he had been absent from the family for most gatherings since he started only making a couple of them.   His whole life is wrapped up into a Truck Cab with a bed in it and a refrigerator.

My personal opinion try and find something else to do.  It's not much of a life...but it pays pretty well but so do other things.

Mark Jones  (just want the best for you)  Over the road is HARD on everyone.

I appreciate the advice man. The idea was suggested by my wife lol! After graduation only required to work with PAM for 12 months. I can seek out local or regional jobs. Chris been saying how there is a shortage of drivers all around. I also see the signs and listings on INDEED and other sites as well. I do intend to seek local or regional work.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 20th 2018, 6:14 pm

Got it.   I understand.  That is the same thing my brother inlaw is in the process of doing.
[

quote="RRCmdrBennett"]
Mark Jones wrote:Becareful with over the road driving. It' will tax a marriage into divorce if you are not very very careful.  Leaving the wife for long periods of time is very hard on a relationship.  

My brother inlaw is driving over the road now for 2 years.  It is paying the bills and getting them ahead but he had been absent from the family for most gatherings since he started only making a couple of them.   His whole life is wrapped up into a Truck Cab with a bed in it and a refrigerator.

My personal opinion try and find something else to do.  It's not much of a life...but it pays pretty well but so do other things.

Mark Jones  (just want the best for you)  Over the road is HARD on everyone.

I appreciate the advice man.  The idea was suggested by my wife lol! After graduation only required to work with PAM for 12 months.  I can seek out local or regional jobs.  Chris been saying how there is a shortage of drivers all around.  I also see the signs and listings on INDEED and other sites as well.  I do intend to seek local or regional work.  [/quote]
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 26th 2018, 4:53 pm

An old friend spent the weekend here. We did Rangers together back in the 80s and 90s, and he's still at it. Now he's on a district staff, and he told me about all the extra training they've been developing in recent years. Lots of leadership classes for the boys and the like. Some of it I recognized as the old (less than 10 years) stuff with new names. And as far as his district goes, they're still on the Marsh "lifelong servant leaders" track.

When he slowed down, I had the opportunity to ask him a question. "Has it stopped the decline, nationally or in your district?" The answer was in his facial expression.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 26th 2018, 5:09 pm

Our FCF fellowship is going to go into decline even more if they don't let us do either Leadership Merits or Outpost Campouts or Events. Many of us are not interested in bouncing ping pong balls into cups as an excuse for teaching leadership. It's when they go outside and head down adventure lane is when they develop leadership skills.

I hope he thought about it. Decline is a very bad thing if we don't fix it it will sink lower and lower until it's swamped.

Mark Jones
p.s. A simple fix is to go back and do the 1999 program. It works great and is easy to administer and be a part of and they love that program. So do I.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 26th 2018, 6:12 pm

Mark Jones wrote: A simple fix is to go back and do the 1999 program.

That by itself could be enough to bring some commanders and pastors (and excitement) back. Springfield could rebrand it as Retro Rangers...and it would be...
August 2018 2170049002
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 26th 2018, 6:23 pm

Mark Jones wrote: Many of us are not interested in bouncing ping pong balls into cups as an excuse for teaching leadership.

It never did Mr. Moose any good.

(Any minute now, a certain whipper snapper will be asking me what that means. Laughing )
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 26th 2018, 10:22 pm

joecool wrote:
Mark Jones wrote: Many of us are not interested in bouncing ping pong balls into cups as an excuse for teaching leadership.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 29th 2018, 11:47 pm

Spent some time at my son's house tonight. My 9th grade grand-daughter suddenly remembered a math test was tomorrow and was moaning. "The teacher spent 5 days teaching something, and nobody understands it!" (possibly a bit of exaggeration) I sat down with her and she mastered it in 10 minutes.

I remember a math teacher who was at my school. He was actually quite brilliant, but he had no idea how to help lesser minds understand something. He moved on after a year and a half.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 31st 2018, 11:48 am

Ok. I am dumber than a rock and not a young wiper snapper...so remind me of what I have forgotten. Mr. Moose and the ping pong balls.

gRIN!

joecool wrote:

(Any minute now, a certain whipper snapper will be asking me what that means.  Laughing )
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 31st 2018, 12:04 pm

Mark Jones wrote:Ok.  I am dumber than a rock and not a young wiper snapper...so remind me of what I have forgotten.  Mr. Moose and the ping pong balls.

gRIN!

joecool wrote:

(Any minute now, a certain whipper snapper will be asking me what that means.  Laughing )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Moose

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 31st 2018, 4:34 pm

Claymore wrote:
Mark Jones wrote:Ok.  I am dumber than a rock and not a young wiper snapper...so remind me of what I have forgotten.  Mr. Moose and the ping pong balls.

gRIN!

joecool wrote:
Mark Jones wrote: Many of us are not interested in bouncing ping pong balls into cups as an excuse for teaching leadersember hip.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Moose
s
All I remember is something like Mr. Green Jeans. Then I go flatline. I got nuthin. Same result as with the Leadership Merits. I got nuthin..... and don't remember much other than glad that show was over. Grin!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum