RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by joecool Today at 9:24 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool April 30th 2024, 7:22 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool April 19th 2024, 10:37 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17120 messages in 1006 subjects

District Pow Wow Camp! Always a good work!

2 posters

Go down

District Pow Wow Camp!  Always a good work! Empty District Pow Wow Camp! Always a good work!

Post by Mark Jones April 28th 2017, 7:18 am

Heading out tonight to work up at the RR So. MO Dist. Pow Wow Campgrounds. We have loaned it out to the Trail Life (former boy scouts) group for their Pow Wow.

Lots of things to get done this week for them and for our dist. Pow Wow in a bout a month.

Always plumbing to de-winterize and fix and painting and cleaning up after 5 months of being closed up.

So many things. 25 years ago we just had a pavilion that was open in the middle and a bathroom on one end and a 3 sided concrete block on the other end.

Now were up to 6 buildings. Lot's of work. Sometimes I wished we was back to the one building...but we do like the comforts that these buildings bring when the weather is bad. Today 100% chance of rain and storms.

Loads of fun and souls saved!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

District Pow Wow Camp!  Always a good work! Empty Re: District Pow Wow Camp! Always a good work!

Post by joecool April 28th 2017, 8:32 am

Mark Jones wrote: Now were up to 6 buildings....but we do like the comforts that these buildings bring...

Reminds me of our own "PowWow" campground. While we little people have to endure the afternoon thunderstorms and nighttime cold (every year, like clockwork), the district staff luxuriates in a really nice cabin with beds.
rain
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

District Pow Wow Camp!  Always a good work! Empty Re: District Pow Wow Camp! Always a good work!

Post by Mark Jones April 28th 2017, 8:55 am

Dude are you kidding me? Those stinky hard beds with people snoring all around you and the old cold cement floors. In my tent it's dry. The cot has comfort build in. No one snores in there except me.
I would rather have my own gear and stay high and dry even in 5" of rain. Been there and done that many times.

I guess I am different on that line. Our FCF Territorial Rendzezvous 4 years ago. They elected to have us go up into the NEW ACTIVITY BUILDING for the services and food and such...in my book it ruined the event. A little shower here and there..makes it all the much better.

Then what do I know. I have worked in it for 38 years outside in all conditions and have learned it's attitude that makes one shine or not shine.

Even tonight I won't sleep in the staff bunk room. It stinks in there. I will sleep out in the other part of the building where there is nothing but me and the fan running to soak up the sound.

It's all good. Then it rains! Ha! It gets even better.

Ok..I may be fudging the truth here..but it's attitude.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down