RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» May 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 Yesterday at 10:23 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool May 18th 2024, 8:26 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool May 11th 2024, 11:12 am

» What Your Outpost Did This Week.
by Claymore May 6th 2024, 1:00 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Jameskostich May 2nd 2024, 2:34 pm

» The Next Domino To Fall
by joecool May 2nd 2024, 9:48 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool April 30th 2024, 3:15 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by joecool April 22nd 2024, 11:47 am

» Historical Antiques
by joecool April 20th 2024, 9:51 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17130 messages in 1006 subjects

August thread

+3
Phillip Gross
RRCmdrBennett
Canadarangers
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

August thread - Page 2 Empty Re: August thread

Post by Phillip Gross August 17th 2016, 5:10 am

Sounds like a good time. I have one of the Nagants and I like it. It feels solid to shoot to me. The weight feels right to me and I'm normally able to group my shots fairly tightly. Just don't shoot the green shell casings out of it. They always got stuck in mine... Would have to push a rod down through the barrel and pop them back out of the chamber.

How long are you going camping for?
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 17th 2016, 10:07 am

Hey. I saw a mouse run across the floor last week. My little sheltie verified the path as she ran over there to also investigate. So far I have caught 5 mice. Dollar store traps are good at feeding the mice....Walmart brand gets one every time. I can generally smell a mouse in a house. These guys didn't leave droppings or stink. Caught us by surprise.
The hunt continues. Going back to Walmart for more traps.

You never know just when your going to get hit. We spent 150 bucks in pest control getting rid of roaches one of my Ranger boys brought to our house last year. 1s time for roaches. We tried over the counter stuff. Then went for the big bucks methods. We don't like bugs or mice. Our house is clean. Surprised us!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 17th 2016, 10:28 am

Canadarangers wrote:Had a great weekend.  Saturday was spent trap shooting with some guys from the church.  Brought my 10yr old son and he burnt through 400 .22 rounds in the few hours we were out.  We actually had more firearms then people incuding 2 vintage WW2 Soviet Mosin Nagant's and an M1 Garand.

Heading out this week to go camping with seom friends. It's gonna be a hot week, I'll be glad to have the lake close by.

That much firepower would make Hillary wet herself.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 August 20th 2016, 10:21 pm

We went to the Civil War Muster in Jackson MI (Largest in the Midwest, now in its 32nd year) We go ever year. Always a great time! Cool

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 21st 2016, 10:51 pm

Had our first meeting of the new year tonight after the back to school bash last Sunday. Had 13 boys RK through ER (one regular couldn't come tonight), 5 Rainbows, and 20 American Heritage Girls. One of our ER's aged out last spring and is back as an Assistant Commander this fall.

It was a mad house with that many kids in our meager facilities. We desperately need more space!

Looking forward to a good year. I announced our Tool Craft merit camp for Friday night and Saturday on the Labor Day weekend. I'm just going to hold the camp in my front field at the house. It's close and easy. The boys can fish in the pond Friday evening of they want to to try to catch dinner. It shouldn't be too hard in my pond though. I have literally caught bream on a dry hook before. Put some bread on there and you can eat good!

We're planning on starting with Firecraft for our weekly meetings because only a few of our boys have done that merit. We plan on doing Primitive Snares after that, which should conclude by the end of October. We plan to do a camp in November so the boys can try out catching small game. By then we should have had a frost so eating small game should be just fine.

After that we'll start doing some indoor type merits when the weather gets colder. All in all it was a good night. Glad to be back in the swing of things.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 22nd 2016, 12:49 am

Just back from a trip to Seattle. That area has really gotten congested over the last few years. Wasted hours everyday trying to get from one place to another.

Saturday we drove to the ocean just to get away from everybody. The temp went from 95 in Seattle to 59 on the beach. It was very foggy walking along the coast. I had noticed a state oil spill vehicle in the parking lot and discovered why. An 80-foot fishing trawler had washed up on the sandy beach earlier that morning, and the breakers were pounding it. Sad to watch. Heard that the captain didn't have an anchor or insurance. He was drunk by the time rescuers got him off.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 22nd 2016, 5:34 am

How does that happen?
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 22nd 2016, 9:19 am

Phillip Gross wrote:How does that happen?

Obama-nomics? Few industries are healthy. There was a morning editorial that spoke of the elite, too-big-to-fail outfits that recovered all their losses quite some time ago. But the middle class and poor are still in deep deficit territory. We, The (little) People. The only clout we have is in November, but will we use it?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 22nd 2016, 1:35 pm

But how did the ship "wash up" onto the beach?
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 22nd 2016, 3:46 pm

Phillip Gross wrote:But how did the ship "wash up" onto the beach?

I figured he lost power and got pushed ashore. He couldn't hold in place without an anchor (previously lost and not replaced?) and was helpless. At 3 am, it's tough to get AAA out there in time.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 23rd 2016, 12:25 pm

joecool wrote:
Phillip Gross wrote:But how did the ship "wash up" onto the beach?

I figured he lost power and got pushed ashore. He couldn't hold in place without an anchor (previously lost and not replaced?) and was helpless. At 3 am, it's tough to get AAA out there in time.

And tough to get an uber to pick ya up.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 25th 2016, 9:16 am

38 degrees outside. I'm thinking about the young couple that is using my 5th-wheel trailer to live in while looking for an apartment. Been 3 weeks now. Do I go over there and show them how to turn on the heat? Or do they need a little motivation to find a place? Decisions, decisions. um
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 25th 2016, 11:46 am

That's harsh! Laughing

So I'm sitting in the parking lot of Office Depot waiting on the locksmith... wansntme2 I never do it, but I did today. Locked the truck and walked away with the keys on the center console. At least it's a pleasant day instead of 100 degrees out.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 25th 2016, 5:13 pm

Wait till it starts freezing outside to protect your investment. HA! They may just latch onto that 5th wheel and you will have to take the door off of it to paint it for a week or two. It's amazing how long folks will let us house, and feed them.... as long as we will allow it.

I generally put in a cut off date or a expected time of return when I loan stuff out. Been burnt so many times it's expected now.

Mark Jones

joecool wrote:38 degrees outside. I'm thinking about the young couple that is using my 5th-wheel trailer to live in while looking for an apartment. Been 3 weeks now. Do I go over there and show them how to turn on the heat? Or do they need a little motivation to find a place? Decisions, decisions. um
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 25th 2016, 5:17 pm

Get a magnetic key holder and stick it to the underside of your vehicle. It has saved me many times. I have the same thing on the company truck and I carry 2 sets of keys for it.

Phillip Gross wrote:That's harsh! Laughing

So I'm sitting in the parking lot of Office Depot waiting on the locksmith... wansntme2  I never do it, but I did today. Locked the truck and walked away with the keys on the center console. At least it's a pleasant day instead of 100 degrees out.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 25th 2016, 6:38 pm

My car has as credit card size key holder. The spare fits inside the cc holder. The holder has a chip in it. You insert key with cc nearby it and it will turn back on. Easy to carry the spare in your wallet. 

Bruce, you wait too long they'll have squatters rights lol!

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore August 26th 2016, 12:29 pm

joecool wrote: ............... do they need a little motivation to find a place? Decisions, decisions.

Build a man a fire; you'll warm him for the night.

SET a man on fire; you'll warm him for life.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 29th 2016, 10:32 pm

Back to teaching at the Christian school tomorrow. One of these days I'll retire and stay retired.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 30th 2016, 5:29 am

What brought that about?

You know, when you get tired of all that arctic weather and you kick the vagranta out of the camper, you can always load up that camper and head towards SC. We could use another good teacher at our school here. I even have a place that you could park too! Wink
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 30th 2016, 7:49 am

Phillip Gross wrote: What brought that about?

The end of my first teaching retirement came about when the person that replaced me didn't work out. My most recent attempt ended when half the HS staff moved out of the area. Figured I could help out for a couple more years, then hang it up for good.

I might survive the south if I could "summer" in the Rockies. I don't do humidity.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 30th 2016, 9:18 am

But it's so good for the skin! Keeps it soft and supple. Not to mention that sweating is good for getting rid of toxins! Laughing
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool August 31st 2016, 6:57 am

Was Colin Kaepernick radicalized? The SF 49er was raised by white adoptive parents, and has Bible quotes tattooed on his arms. But since he began dating an Egyptian activist, it looks like he's gone to the dark side.

You've heard about his refusal to stand for the national anthem. But did you know he supports BLM, Muslim holidays, and the Black Panthers, and wears Malcolm X apparel? SF is stuck with his salary this year, whether they play him or not. No other team wanted to trade for him during the off-season. Might be time to consider releasing him as a PR move for the organization. More and more players are speaking out against him, and he's the 3rd string QB anyway. Poison.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 31st 2016, 12:04 pm

They should cut their losses and kick him to the curb. Anything else is encouragement of that sort of behavior.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 1st 2016, 3:31 pm

Phillip Gross wrote:They should cut their losses and kick him to the curb. Anything else is encouragement of that sort of behavior.

Have you seen the socks he wears during practice? A pig cop is on them. The jerk is dead to me. My wife bought his jersey a few years ago to wear when watching games at our son's house. Now it's going to be burned. fire
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum