» July 2019 Thread
by joecool July 12th 2019, 12:17 pm

» June 2019 Thread
by Mark Jones June 27th 2019, 4:12 pm

» Hello, a quick introduction
by ccm2361 June 27th 2019, 9:23 am

» Card board Regatta 2019
by ccm2361 June 27th 2019, 9:18 am

» royal Ranger database Tracking Program FREE!
by Mark Jones June 26th 2019, 7:13 pm

» So. MO District Royal Ranger Pow Wow report and pictures
by Mark Jones June 23rd 2019, 9:56 pm

» AR's new to Rangers and don't know the basics....
by Dave Stewart June 18th 2019, 9:00 pm

» Dear New Member...
by Dave Stewart June 18th 2019, 8:46 pm

Statistics
We have 81 registered users
The newest registered user is Russ Martin

Our users have posted a total of 14436 messages in 794 subjects

Ranger Ministry is Diverse Woodworking is one of them.

Go down

Ranger Ministry is Diverse Woodworking is one of them. Empty Ranger Ministry is Diverse Woodworking is one of them.

Post by Mark Jones on February 19th 2019, 7:15 am

Shop update for 2019. Grizzly 17" bandsaw and shop tools and general shop stuff.

http://readyrangers.tzo.com/2019ShopUpdate/shopupdate2019.htm
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Ranger Ministry is Diverse Woodworking is one of them. Empty Re: Ranger Ministry is Diverse Woodworking is one of them.

Post by Roguedawg on February 20th 2019, 8:30 pm

Couldn't you find a cheaper way to cut your bagels in the morning? Good for cutting a loaf of bread.

Roguedawg

Back to top Go down

Ranger Ministry is Diverse Woodworking is one of them. Empty Re: Ranger Ministry is Diverse Woodworking is one of them.

Post by Mark Jones on February 21st 2019, 7:22 am

And frozen ribs. Ha! It's a nice saw. I have wanted one of that size for 40 years. The 12" bandsaw works great for little projects but when it comes to resawing this beast cut's it like butter. I resawed some walnut about 2 months ago. It was 6 hours of work. With this saw would have been 2 hours as well as much much straighter.

I enjoy tools. Fun to get out in the garage and build something.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roguedawg on February 23rd 2019, 9:16 am

Years ago I replaced my sideways leaning garage with a new two story 3 bay garage.  I remember the first time I worked on my truck replacing the shocks.  It is so amazing to work on a concrete floor and in the sun.  It was a very cold day with lots of wind.  I wore my black Carhart coat and black pants.  Even though there was lots of wind, the garage bay was not windy.  I was able to work in the sun and stay warm.  I was used to working on a dirt floor and the jacks would dig into the dirty.  So having the place to work as well as the tools is a blessing.  It can also be used as a place of ministry.  I had some people in and outside of the church use the garage.  A guy may talk about the Lord if they are working on a car getting greasy and such.  Held several Ranger events working on vehicles.  The rangers would work on the merit and change oil of peoples cars.  They provided the oil and filter and they would change the oil for a donation to the Outpost.  They would receive a $10-$25 dollar donation while the owner would wait for their oil change.  Not a bad deal.  I told the boys that they should do a car wash as well after the oil was changed.  Keep that one in mind for your next FUNdraiser.  Hook up a grille and you could sell food as well.

Roguedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones on February 23rd 2019, 10:23 pm

Floor space is at a premium.   29  years ago I had a nice shop building with bathroom and heat and dust collection to all the tools.  It was a dream shop. Got a divorce.  Became a Christian some few years later and then remarried my wife. So the shop is coming back around.  A little at a time.  Wife likes me to make stuff in the shop now.   Used to be jealous of the time I spent out there.
Would like to sell this house and move to a single level with as external shop.  But hey.  This works.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum