RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 27th 2024, 8:22 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 24th 2024, 7:09 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17078 messages in 1004 subjects

September 2018

+2
RRCmdrBennett
Claymore
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

September 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: September 2018

Post by tbrown3589 September 23rd 2018, 11:14 pm

Welcome to the CDL club. I have had my class A w/ tanker for nearly 15 years now. Working for a municipal utility company running repair crews, we have to drive trucks w/ trailers and backhoes. It is a whole lot easier than over-the-road trucking.

In other news, my September has been interesting. Instead of putting our kids back in public school, we actually pulled them out and started homeschooling them. My wife is having fun with that.

Also, I had my archery elk hunt for the past 9 days. I got a nice bull so my family will be eating good for the next while. I dropped the head off at the taxidermist yesterday to get a nice European mount done. He was a keeper for sure as well as my first elk. Several of my Rangers were jealous that they didn't get to go archery hunting with me. My rifle deer hunt starts right before Halloween, so I might be stuffing my freezer full this year, especially since I got my archery javelina tag filled this past January.

Dogs: 1 Gerberian Shepsky (German Shepard/Siberian Husky cross), 1 American Cocker Spaniel, 1 Chihuahua, 1 Chocolate Lab/Australian Shepard cross
Cat:  1 American Shorthair
Fish: Too many to list - Angelfish, BN Plecos, Tetras, Mollies, Catfish, Danios, etc.
Hobbies
Hunting, fishing, camping, computers, shooting, archery
Family
Wife, daughter, and son

tbrown3589
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 25th 2018, 3:04 pm

tbrown3589 wrote:Welcome to the CDL club.  I have had my class A w/ tanker for nearly 15 years now.  Working for a municipal utility company running repair crews, we have to drive trucks w/ trailers and backhoes.  It is a whole lot easier than over-the-road trucking.

Thanks. One of my instructors signed my graduation cap said, “welcome to the club” too. I have tanker endorsement and written portion of hazmat done. I have to start the tsa background portion of the hazmat next. My plans are to do my year of long haul and seek local or regional positions. Have you done long haul before?

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by tbrown3589 September 25th 2018, 5:43 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote:
tbrown3589 wrote:Welcome to the CDL club.  I have had my class A w/ tanker for nearly 15 years now.  Working for a municipal utility company running repair crews, we have to drive trucks w/ trailers and backhoes.  It is a whole lot easier than over-the-road trucking.

Thanks. One of my instructors signed my graduation cap said, “welcome to the club” too. I have tanker endorsement and written portion of hazmat done. I have to start the tsa background portion of the hazmat next. My plans are to do my year of long haul and seek local or regional positions. Have you done long haul before?

I have not done any over-the-road hauling. All of my CDL experience has been intrastate travel between jobsites within the Municipalities I have worked with. I rarely take our rigs out of the city limits. I have one of those easy CDL jobs, you know how us government workers are! Wink

Dogs: 1 Gerberian Shepsky (German Shepard/Siberian Husky cross), 1 American Cocker Spaniel, 1 Chihuahua, 1 Chocolate Lab/Australian Shepard cross
Cat:  1 American Shorthair
Fish: Too many to list - Angelfish, BN Plecos, Tetras, Mollies, Catfish, Danios, etc.
Hobbies
Hunting, fishing, camping, computers, shooting, archery
Family
Wife, daughter, and son

tbrown3589
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 29th 2018, 9:59 pm

Busy week, and still more to go. Tue-Wed was a great overnight co-ed retreat for our high school students. Amazing what can happen around the campfire. I guess that's what makes RR so good, huh?

Thu-Fri I was on the road again, helping another Christian school get ready for their accreditation. Fri-Sat was on the other side of the state, attending a conference and listening to my spiritual hero, Del Tackett (The Truth Project). He's just a regular guy who heard from the Lord and has made a big difference.

I bumped into him beforehand at a hotel and had a nice conversation. Gave him a big hug. Later, I got him to autograph my DVD set and he added "Gal 6:9". It was hours before I got to a Bible (no, I don't do phones or apps). I opened it to the exact page, and it was exactly what I needed.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 October 2nd 2018, 5:13 pm

Gotta take a moment to praise the Lord for saving my bacon 2 days ago.
About 3 AM Monday I was almost back to the office in rainy weather. At a bend in the highway, my tractor hydroplaned & started sliding into the next lane. (unoccupied thankfully) I was not speeding either! I was running below the speed limit due to the rain. The road turned & I did not not. I realized I was going to go pile it into into the median & yelled out " LORD HELP ME!" As the last word came out of my mouth, the steer tires suddenly bit in & swerved me me back into my own lane! God is good! cheers
Took quite a while for my heart to slow down. Smile

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 2nd 2018, 10:49 pm

ccm2361 wrote: Gotta take a moment to praise the Lord for saving my bacon 2 days ago.

We've all got stories like that to share. Mine involved an angry Western diamondback rattler, 2 feet away from my face on a ledge I'd climbed up about 25-30 feet to get to.
affraid
All I had time to do was say "Jesus." Next thing I knew, I was on my feet at the bottom, not remembering how I got there.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum