» December 2018 Thread
by joecool December 10th 2018, 9:24 am

» Joke of the Day
by joecool December 9th 2018, 6:51 pm

» God and Country - Revisited
by joecool December 9th 2018, 6:44 pm

» November 2018 Thread
by joecool December 1st 2018, 2:28 pm

» Biolite 2 Wood Stove that generates usb charging.
by Mark Jones November 30th 2018, 10:36 am

» Baking while Backpacking
by Mark Jones November 27th 2018, 4:35 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool November 17th 2018, 5:33 pm

» Right tool for the job
by Mark Jones November 15th 2018, 3:47 pm

» New Royal Rangers website
by Mark Jones November 5th 2018, 4:07 pm

Statistics
We have 75 registered users
The newest registered user is crow

Our users have posted a total of 14212 messages in 772 subjects

It's time for a new Truck.

Go down

It's time for a new Truck.

Post by Mark Jones on August 2nd 2018, 4:29 pm

Got a Brand New Ford F150 xlt with sirrus package. I haven't driven it yet. It's in my driveway. Paid the house off and a new truck with no payments. Woo whooo!

I told the wife those stinky boys are not ridding in my new truck. I need to keep the 2002 for the boys to ride in. Ok. I can put towels and blankets down.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Re: It's time for a new Truck.

Post by ccm2361 on August 8th 2018, 5:02 pm

What, no pictures?

Just kidding there Mark

ccm2361
Admin
Admin

http://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones on August 8th 2018, 6:29 pm

Ha. Google Ford XLT with White Super Crew with V8 2018 and you will see it. It's a nice truck. Wife is afraid to drive it.

Paid for no payments. Got the Bed liner in today and a new shell ordered takes 2 months to get it in.

I am blessed. 40 years of hard work does pay off. My old trucks (4) of them all had 70,000 miles or more on them when I got them have paved a way to a NO payments new truck. Woo Whoo! Can't wait to load up 6 dirty Royal Rangers coming back from a 2 day backpack with dirt and sweat all over them and then see how they can even think they can ride in that truck....Ha! Blankets on way to cover it all up to keep it new. Never did that with the old trucks.... will baby it for a few years

I know right on the pictures. One would think knowing me there would be pictures. HA! In those 40 years each year I worked at least a month or more extra in hours..some years many months extra. Forced. I want a 40 hour week.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett on August 19th 2018, 1:22 am

As they say, “no pictures/video or it didn’t happen” haha. Congrats Dave Ramsey would be proud of you paying off a mortgage and buying a truck with cash.

I have cousins that would buy that truck and take it mudding lol.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.99

RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones on August 19th 2018, 7:44 am

Oh.  It's not far off.  We have 3 backpacks that take us down 13 miles of back gravel and clay roads down into Arkansas and sometimes it's 4wheel drive mode.  That new truck is getting a topper in 4 weeks and it will be ready for anything.  I am using 4 fleece sleeping bags to cover seats and floor boards when we get back from Backpacking trips.  They will come out from under the back seat and cover it all.  Then they get in.  NO MUDDY BOOTS….  The old truck...will be missed. I didn't care about that stuff...just climb in guys.  NOT TODAY!

After 40 years they are forcing me in to work Sunday today. Our Broadband orders are 2 weeks out from today. So they are working us all 7 days a week until further notice. College started back up and they didn't see it coming...GRIN! It's been like this for 40 years and they act surprised...
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roguedawg on September 3rd 2018, 9:18 am

Cool news about the new truck. I had my Nissan truck for 15 years and the New York Highway salt took its toll on the frame. I welded patches on the frame for years until I reached the point of welding to air. The truck would not pass inspection. The replacement Mazda was cheap and paid for it outright like you did, but it only set me back 4K. I ran that until the engine siezed up. I then went back to a Nissan and debated between a brand new one for $29K or a 2016 with 16K miles for $21K. I went with the used and love it. I figured I would put 16K on the brand new one within a year or so.
I was actually able to haul some scouts around at a few events since I had the back seats. I like the 4L since it can haul anything with no problem. Have been using it lately with my son's Eagle project. I don't like the short bed though, but I do like the rest of the truck.
My wife told me to get what I want and want what I get. She said I needed a truck and as an example, she asked what would I do with a deer after I shot it. Would I throw it in the back of a Rogue, get blood all over and stink it all up? I responded that I was going to use her KIA to do that since I did not want to mess up a new car. She didn't laugh at that comment though.

My son asked when he could drive the new truck. I told him that he was old enough to drive, but the truck wasn't old enough for him to drive it.

Take care of your vehicles and they will take care of you.

Roguedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum