RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 14th 2024, 3:44 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» March 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:13 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17066 messages in 1004 subjects

May 2018 Thread

+2
Mark Jones
joecool
6 posters

Go down

May 2018 Thread Empty May 2018 Thread

Post by joecool May 2nd 2018, 11:55 pm

Man, oh man. Only 17 school days to go. I'll take the following weekend off and then start planning next year.

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail." (Kudos to whoever first said that)
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

May 2018 Thread Empty Re: May 2018 Thread

Post by Mark Jones May 3rd 2018, 3:57 pm

joecool wrote:Man, oh man. Only 17 school days to go. I'll take the following weekend off and then start planning next year.

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail." (Kudos to whoever first said that)

I say that every year to our Leaders and by golly it affects them so much that they .... never change and learn. GRIN!

I get a lot of folks ask me how do I do it. It goes on the calendar and I work up to it, sometimes not enough work up to it but that is rare. When we get into a event every week or so it moves so fast I struggle to keep up with it. HA! Half the time I am in leadership of it. YET it comes out fine.

If it just gets talked about and never makes it to the calendar for folk to schedule it most likely doesn't happen.

I have learned. Show me a outpost that is failing and most of the issues come from that single issue they fail to plan. WCO taught this but they got anal retentive about it and over did it. I counted one time for a average outpost with all four age groups going there would be over 60 meetings a year..... Do one a month and your over doing it. Yet for some events like Pow Wow there shoudl be several meetings just on that to be successful.

Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 11th 2018, 5:48 pm

Just returned from an 8-hour track meet that we hosted for small schools. Half of the attendees were rural public schools that took advantage of the opportunity. I am wiped out...and thinking of new events for next year.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 12th 2018, 7:05 am

Spring Outing with a Frontier Adventure one week away! 19 candidates coming in! Can't wait. I have my backpacking buddy Rob coming into FCF after all these years. It's going to be a fun event.

Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 13th 2018, 9:45 am

A tip of the hat to all the women out there who have made our world a nicer place.

I was at the store early this morning, buying fresh flowers for the women in my life. An elderly woman behind me in the checkout line said that someone was lucky. While the clerk was still ringing stuff up, I jogged to the flower display and got an extra bouquet for the lady, just in case she didn't have anyone. Her smile made it worth it.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett May 16th 2018, 3:38 am

Thats cool but I don’t assume just being of the female gender that they’re moms or even good ones at that. Its your $$ if it gives ya the feels do it.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross May 24th 2018, 1:22 am

Everyone should be made to feel special sometimes. Good on you Bruce for showing love. Isn't that the main point of life? To show love even if, or especially if, they don't deserve it? I remember reading about a guy who did just that. Something about him laying down his life for a bunch of people who rejected him... Wink
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett May 24th 2018, 12:34 pm

I have decided to show HRC love by donating my $ to her benevolent foundation lol

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 24th 2018, 5:59 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote: I have decided to show HRC love by donating my $ to her benevolent foundation lol

scratch Are you okay? Too many Uber miles?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 24th 2018, 7:03 pm

Misrouted exhaust pipe.

That's not DAN speaking..........

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 26th 2018, 9:46 am

Inside our church, there's a 20-foot wooden cross on the front wall. Nothing fancy, just a reminder of what He did. I'm told there's a move afoot by the pastor to remove it. Don't know if he is including leadership in the decision. I also don't know if I should try to head it off, or just let them suffer the consequences.

Or maybe I would be the only person to object and leave. Too much change in the last two years. Is it too much to ask that something traditional and inspirational be left for the old guard?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore May 26th 2018, 1:53 pm

"What's the emergency?  Why now?"

That is how I confront such a situation initiated by the Pastor, or some other Organization Leader.  My experience is that they will:

#1. Answer the question as truthfully as they can,
"It is looking rough, people are complaining, and it would cost too much to bring it up to Standard."

or

#2. Give some less-than-truthful obfuscated answer, in order to hide their agenda,
"Well, people (he won't say who) have been complaining, and this is an opportunity for a Renewal of our Image.....".

or

#3. Give the old,
"You're trying to Quench the Holy Spirit (and) Touch Ye Not, God's Anointed".

If it is #1, you can probably work with him.

If it is #2, you need to decide if it is worth the fight.  

If it is #3, either remove him from you or remove you from him, and definitely, do not support such an individual with your tithes and offerings.

"It is often easier to overcome an adversary, when you know what motivates him"
(former Intelligence Sergeant, Special Forces Operational Detachment 124).

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 27th 2018, 8:08 pm

Claymore wrote: "What's the emergency?  Why now?"

"It is often easier to overcome an adversary, when you know what motivates him"

Spent the last couple of days camping on top of a mountain, getting hit by good-sized hail. It was punching through peoples' trailer awnings. One of the guys in attendance was an 84-year old that I've known for a few decades. I asked him if he had ever gotten to the point where he didn't like what was going on in church. "For the last 30 years," he said. "Sometimes I grit my teeth and close my eyes, but I never quit going." That's good wisdom.

God revealed Himself to me in a supernatural way back in '76, and I've followed Him ever since. I'm not the emotional one in church. That's not to say that I've never shed a tear, but by and large, I'm duty-driven to consistently serve. Too many people today wait for a "moment" before getting off their backside. I just don't think they're moved by the cross anymore.

I've already decided to put in my two cents' worth on the cross issue. Our church can't afford to lose anyone due to offense over its removal.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 27th 2018, 9:35 pm

Take out the cross and all you have is a non fulfilling association of people that want to feel good about themselves. World will then take them into their covey.
Churches have fallen for the "Culture" Crap. "We need to be relevant" they say.

Yet God's Word says He changes NOT! He is the same today, tomorrow and forever. Jesus setup the Church how it is to be ran. Who to take care of and who not to take care of. Yet I see well intentioned folks that think they have a better idea. Don't fall for it. Most ideas come right out the mind of the devil. He figures if he can just tweak it a bit they will waste all kinds of time on the tweaking process before they figure out they need to get back to what works. We can spend decades on the wrong path.

Remove the cross and they remove the reminder of Jesus and what He did there. Tell them to get the spiritual anointed folk together and vote on changing the carpet. It makes me sick when I see that crowd come in and rule. They will kill just about every work of the Spirit and then exit quickly after they have broke the church. Just seen it come and go now many times. It's sad.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 May 28th 2018, 4:30 pm

Sunny Sunny Sunny
HOT!
Had great plans for my 3 day weekend. lots of outdoor work & fun.

Spent the whole weekend indoors Embarassed to hot & humid to be out in the sun May 2018 Thread 2410941

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 28th 2018, 9:41 pm

We took the canoe down to the city park and paddled up river with my grand daughter. I hooked 2 fish and she reeled them in at 6 she is all hands on deck. Did pretty well casting. Only hooked my wife 2 times GRIN!

Painted the double car garage door today with the a airless sprayer and fixed up 15 treasure hunt stations for Pow Wow.

Got some cedar dust in between the eye ball and the eye lid.. Not too bad just a irritant.

Had the inlaws and my mom and oldest brother over for supper. Wife makes lasagna and throws bread and salad at it and wow what a delight with strawberries and short cakes...YUM!
Watching the Grand Daughter for 5 days while my daughter and son in law take a anniversary trip to Texas. Wow are we worn out. Just one grand daughter and wear you flat out!

Life is good. Pow Wow is 10 days away. Woo Who!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross May 29th 2018, 12:08 am

Oldest son is having four wisdom teeth removed in the morning. He has a perfect mouth of teeth other than the way the wisdom teeth are coming in. Have them out now, or have them out later AND braces to fix the damage. So it's out with them now...
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 29th 2018, 9:07 am

Mark Jones wrote: Churches have fallen for the "Culture" Crap.  "We need to be relevant" they say.

In the news today, a televangelist is asking for donations to buy the latest private jet, a steal at only $56 million. With it, he won't have to deal with expensive refueling stops anymore, or all those "demons on airliners" that interfere with his ministry. He also said that Jesus would be traveling the same way today.

I'm going to predict that another 56 thousand people will refuse to listen to the Gospel because of this news story. Fighting the culture is hard enough without those in "ministry" being corrupted by it.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones May 29th 2018, 11:09 am

A long way off from hey guys when you go into town you will find a donkey colt tied at such and such. Tell the man there the master needs it. Hum. So this is what that TV evangelist is saying. It's close. They both need something.

Sadly most of our BIG churches fall into that same quicksand. Once the money starts rolling in...boom bam ababy...Spanish tile floors. New Jets. It's all to enhance the new converts experience. GRIN! It's almost laughable but sadyly it's found all over the place.

Just don't see that in Jesus ministry anywhere. What I do see in HIS ministry was lay down your life for another. To give and to serve. YET HE was clear on how to do that.

Man will foul it up at every turn if it is allowed. With out a close relationship with Jesus it goes fireworkish. Excitement, flash and bash and boom and then when the smoke clears nothing.

Jesus by the Work of the Holy Spirit so often times uses a still small voice. Every now and then He calls fire down from Heaven but not very often.

Funny thing is almost all of the sermons were done Outside. No AC. No heat. No PA system. No HIGH ACTION mood changing screen effects. Just HIM by The HOLY Spirit.

What a difference.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 30th 2018, 10:01 am

Today, it's much tougher to reach the lost than in yesteryear. Back then, Judeo-Christian teachings were never far from a sinner's mind. "Yeah, I know I got to get back to church...tomorrow."

Nowadays, it's "What for?" The world pushed the church away, said right and wrong is relative, celebrated every (un)imaginable lifestyle, and demonized those who said "Wait a minute, this isn't right." Now we have to convince people of something extremely basic - that there is a right and a wrong - before you can even get them to turn away from the wrong. And this culture makes that very, very difficult.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross May 31st 2018, 10:37 pm

Reading "The Kingdom" by George Dana Boardman right now, and it's awesome! Deals with exactly what you guys are talking about. It was originally published in 1899 and brought back to the forefront in 2008 by Bob Mumford.

We've got so many things out of whack today compared to what Jesus taught!
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 31st 2018, 11:36 pm

My 13-year old (going on 18) grand-daughter got scared tonight. A year's-worth of brattiness got her kicked out of the house and into our place. We're only 200 yards apart, but it sure got her attention. We didn't go over too much tonight, but she did end up texting an apology and love to her parents before turning in.

And before we go more into the details of the dynamics of the last year, I'm going to ask her if she remembers giving her life to the Lord, or if its more of "I was born a Christian." This is where the real solutions lie.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones June 1st 2018, 7:11 am

joecool wrote:My 13-year old (going on 18) grand-daughter got scared tonight. A year's-worth of brattiness got her kicked out of the house and into our place. We're only 200 yards apart, but it sure got her attention. We didn't go over too much tonight, but she did end up texting an apology and love to her parents before turning in.

And before we go more into the details of the dynamics of the last year, I'm going to ask her if she remembers giving her life to the Lord, or if its more of "I was born a Christian." This is where the real solutions lie.

You nailed it. Just a promise from God. Raise them up in the way they should go. When they are old they will not depart from it. All kinds of tomfoolery for teens.

One moment a angel the next a devil. It's worth it. Enjoy! It's always exciting! Will wear us out!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down