RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» March 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 8:22 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 24th 2024, 7:09 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17078 messages in 1004 subjects

October thread

+3
Mark Jones
ccm2361
joecool
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

October thread Empty October thread

Post by Canadarangers October 2nd 2016, 4:39 pm

October already. Crazy how time flies.

Prayer request: So I am on the board for our local Christian school. The Government has issued an order to all independent schools to use specific language in a new discrimination and anti bullying policy. We have been told to use words like secular orientation and gender identity to create the policy. While we agree in principle to anti-bullying and preventing discrimination we obviously do not agree with the choice of language. This is going to be a fight that only God will win, as this would mean our funding would be cut if we do not comply. We need your prayers....

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

October thread Empty Re: October thread

Post by Claymore October 2nd 2016, 11:52 pm

Man, I know nothing of what rights you folks have under the National Constitution.

God be with you............

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross October 4th 2016, 6:46 am

To us modern western Christians, finding ourselves in an increasingly non-Christian culture is disheartening because we know how things were not long ago, and that if the church had been awake we wouldn't be seeing this now. Unfortunately the church was happy to stay within the four walls and talk about the sweet by and by. Heaven is a wonderful given for the believer, but the great commission was to be carried out here on earth until we leave. We have abdicated our charge and we are seeing the results.

Of course we can argue what is ordained or not. That really is a moot point for me because we are finite and trying to ascertain what God has or hasn't caused to happen in this timeline is a fools errand.

What I AM curious about is how Christians carry on in full on anti-Christian societies now and in the past. When the local government requires you to say or do something in total violation of Scripture, at what point to you willingly head to the fiery stake? I'm referring to underground Christians. When do they "hold 'em" and when do they "fold 'em"? At what point is it wrong to give lip service to a tyrannical force in order to continue operating underground to further spread the gospel. Obviously being required to formally reject Christ is a time to become a martyr in my book, but what about lesser issues? Does this make sense?

What's bringing this up is that I've been reading a lot of WW2 books lately and there was a strong underground movement all over Europe in nazi controlled areas. In order to continue the bigger mission, people would go along with certain things on the surface while working in the shadows. I pray that we never have to find these questions out for ourselves, but if we do, I'm curious where you think those lines are.

In the case of Canadaranger, in a hypothetical scenario, is rejecting the language of the mandate worth potentially getting shut down and their work of training young people in a godly manner brought to an end? We may not be at the point where we need to make that call. Maybe there's still enough freedom to stand firm in the open and take it to court. But when the courts are fully under the control of the tyrants, them that option is off the table.

Interesting questions that I believe, unfortunately, that we need to start asking ourselves in these times.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 4th 2016, 7:55 am

Phillip Gross wrote: In order to continue the bigger mission, people would go along with certain things on the surface while working in the shadows.

And back in the day, parents would teach their children the truth, and warn them to hold it in private. At what age are they able to understand the consequences, and do as their parents did? And would there be a stronger push by schools and society-at-large to encourage and reward kids who rat out their families?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore October 4th 2016, 10:01 am

Unfortunately, I believe that the two biggest catalysts for the decline of our nation were from Lyndon B Johnson.

The first was his amendment to the Tax Code in the 1950s that prohibited churches and religious institutions from speaking out about individual politicians and their policies.  That put a muzzle on Christians, and gave the public voice to the godless and the special interests.

The second was the "Great Society" in 1963.  It began the decline of black families in the United States by punishing families and rewarding having children outside of marriage & remaining out of the work-force for generations. This also isolated and "corralled" blacks into inner-city ghettos by keeping them in sub-standard subsidized and government housing. This PHYSICALLY kept them from joining main-stream America.

I think that, in just looking at the news at night, you can see how those policies have contributed to our current violence and problems.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 4th 2016, 5:37 pm

Claymore wrote:Unfortunately, I believe that the two biggest catalysts for the decline of our nation were from Lyndon B Johnson.

The first was his amendment to the Tax Code in the 1950s that prohibited churches and religious institutions from speaking out about individual politicians and their policies.  That put a muzzle on Christians, and gave the public voice to the godless and the special interests.

The second was the "Great Society" in 1963.  It began the decline of black families in the United States by punishing families and rewarding having children outside of marriage & remaining out of the work-force for generations. This also isolated and "corralled" blacks into inner-city ghettos by keeping them in sub-standard subsidized and government housing. This PHYSICALLY kept them from joining main-stream America.

I think that, in just looking at the news at night, you can see how those policies have contributed to our current violence and problems.

Unfortunately, many of them don't realize what's been done to them. They will contribute to the cycle by ostracizing those who hold conservative values as "white-washed" and "Uncle Toms".

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 4th 2016, 5:43 pm

Phillip Gross wrote:To us modern western Christians, finding ourselves in an increasingly non-Christian culture is disheartening because we know how things were not long ago, and that if the church had been awake we wouldn't be seeing this now. Unfortunately the church was happy to stay within the four walls and talk about the sweet by and by. Heaven is a wonderful given for the believer, but the great commission was to be carried out here on earth until we leave. We have abdicated our charge and we are seeing the results.

Of course we can argue what is ordained or not. That really is a moot point for me because we are finite and trying to ascertain what God has or hasn't caused to happen in this timeline is a fools errand.

What I AM curious about is how Christians carry on in full on anti-Christian societies now and in the past. When the local government requires you to say or do something in total violation of Scripture, at what point to you willingly head to the fiery stake? I'm referring to underground Christians. When do they "hold 'em" and when do they "fold 'em"? At what point is it wrong to give lip service to a tyrannical force in order to continue operating underground to further spread the gospel. Obviously being required to formally reject Christ is a time to become a martyr in my book, but what about lesser issues? Does this make sense?

What's bringing this up is that I've been reading a lot of WW2 books lately and there was a strong underground movement all over Europe in nazi controlled areas. In order to continue the bigger mission, people would go along with certain things on the surface while working in the shadows. I pray that we never have to find these questions out for ourselves, but if we do, I'm curious where you think those lines are.

In the case of Canadaranger, in a hypothetical scenario, is rejecting the language of the mandate worth potentially getting shut down and their work of training young people in a godly manner brought to an end? We may not be at the point where we need to make that call. Maybe there's still enough freedom to stand firm in the open and take it to court. But when the courts are fully under the control of the tyrants, them that option is off the table.

Interesting questions that I believe, unfortunately, that we need to start asking ourselves in these times.

Whatever happens happens because He permits it to happen. Doesn't mean He authors evil or takes pleasure in it but uses what the enemy does for ultimate good and His ultimate Glory. This doesn't negate Man's responsibility.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 4th 2016, 8:35 pm

Praying for you and your school, Canada. Reading your words, I can tell that you already know the proper decision. The hard work is convincing your school community to agree with it.

In America's first century, church and state were pretty much in the same bed. The Great Awakening changed that, bringing revival and Christ's love to all. In recent years, however, the church has been yearning to get back into that bed...agreeing with all the politically-correct blah-blah, and doing whatever it takes to get federal dollars. Kind of like the Halfway Covenant in the New England colonies. That led to watered-down religion and atheists in the pulpits. We'd better wake up before we can't tell the difference between believers and non-believers.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 5th 2016, 10:46 pm

Tonight was the opening of our new Voyagers program. Co-ed, in two age groups, with a total of 21 kids. A deacon looked in and reported to the pastor..."This is the first time the kids have laughed in two years."
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross October 7th 2016, 6:16 am

joecool wrote:Tonight was the opening of our new Voyagers program. Co-ed, in two age groups, with a total of 21 kids. A deacon looked in and reported to the pastor..."This is the first time the kids have laughed in two years."
Remind me again what the Voyagers program is.

It's good that the kids like it.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross October 7th 2016, 6:32 am

I guess we'll see sooner than later if all the hype about Matthew around here is merited. After last year's flooding, everyone is on edge about natural disasters and about to lose their minds!

I've been working in the upstate lately, so the hysteria hasn't put a damper on production. I was driving home heading east on I-26 and saw all of the traffic heading West. East bound was fine, but the west bound was crazy packed. I passed one accident, then a couple miles later I crested a hill to see all of this dust rising up on the opposite side of the interstate. As I got closer I could see a car coming to rest up the embankment (off road side), another car stopped in the fast lane and one in the median with a woman getting out and running across both lanes towards the car up the embankment. Traffic wasn't moving that fast on their side in the first place, so I have no idea what caused it all. All I could think was "you bunch of stupids! You're on a jam packed interstate. Pay attention!".

Dad lived in south Florida from the late 50's until the mid 80's when we moved to SC. He said back in the day they would just ride out hurricanes. I said we live in a different time now. Nobody takes personal responsibility for anything, so the government is forced to do all in their power to evacuate. If they don't and people lose things, then it's lawsuit time.

He told me of one hurricane that came through Ft Lauderdale when he was a kid. They actually took the dog out to pee when the eye of the storm was overhead. He said the tree in the front yard was bent totally over. They went back into the house when the back half of the hurricane came and afterwards the same tree was bent over the other way. He said it sounded like a freight train on top of them.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers October 7th 2016, 2:14 pm

Well we found a way to keep the government happy and maintain a biblical worldview. We will be saying that we as a faith-based school agree that no child should be subjected to discrimination or bullying for Any reason, including the ones they want us to list. We will also reaffirm our biblical view in the policy. We retain control of who we hire and who we let into the school as students. Once they are accepted as students they must abide by our code of conduct.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 7th 2016, 4:48 pm

Canadarangers wrote:Well we found a way to keep the government happy and maintain a biblical worldview.  We will be saying that we as a faith-based school agree that no child should be subjected to discrimination or bullying for Any reason,  including the ones they want us to list.  We will also reaffirm our biblical view in the policy. We retain control of who we hire and who we let into the school as students.  Once they are accepted as students they must abide by our code of conduct.

Has somebody from the gov't already said they're happy?
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 7th 2016, 4:57 pm

Phillip Gross wrote: Remind me again what the Voyagers program is.

VOYAGERS
Lewis Brigade (3rd-6th grade)
Clark Brigade (K-2nd grade)

Each brigade is co-ed. We have melded the requirements for Ranger merits and Missionette badges. They are taught the same thing and receive the gender-appropriate recognition. We're able to use a lot of our leftover resources to keep expenses at a minimum. They also wear their awards vests with Voyager patches, etc. Because Lewis and Clark travelled within miles of here, we do a lot of related activities.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross October 7th 2016, 11:56 pm

Keep us posted about how things go. I assume after 6th grade they are funneled into the youth group?
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers October 10th 2016, 1:27 pm

joecool wrote:
Canadarangers wrote:Well we found a way to keep the government happy and maintain a biblical worldview.  We will be saying that we as a faith-based school agree that no child should be subjected to discrimination or bullying for Any reason,  including the ones they want us to list.  We will also reaffirm our biblical view in the policy. We retain control of who we hire and who we let into the school as students.  Once they are accepted as students they must abide by our code of conduct.

Has somebody from the gov't already said they're happy?

Well as long as our current government remains we are ok. The reason why it is not worse is because we have Christians working for the government trying hard to keep it that way, so I was told. The current Minister of education is very friendly to faith-based schools.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers October 10th 2016, 1:29 pm

Happy thanksgiving you all of you and your families.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 10th 2016, 8:48 pm

(Cue the frustrated, hairy creature from the comic strip B.C.) GROG!

Trying to order stuff makes me feel that way. From the national AG website, you can't get to the RR page. So you have to click on GPH...and it takes you to "My Healthy Church." Search "Rangers", and it takes you to a very limited section of RR pages to order from. The vast majority of merits don't come up. But you can get a 2010 catalog easy-peasy. Now I'm going to have to waste time calling whoever answers their phone tomorrow. GROG!
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross October 10th 2016, 9:54 pm

I will admit that their website is terrible to navigate, but I've always been able to find what I need. Anything I can look for and post a link if I find it?
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 10th 2016, 10:12 pm

Thanks for the offer, Phillip, but it's more fun to be disgruntled.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore October 11th 2016, 12:38 am

What works best for me is to keep an old catalog handy. Then put i the Item Number.

That works for 85% of what I need.

For the other 15%...................."Go Fish".

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers October 11th 2016, 12:47 am

I always go the the ranger website and click on the banner ad to access the store. I also keep an older paper order form handy cause it has all the item numbers right there. Just enter the item number and quantity. ..ba-da boom ba-da bing done. No hunting for things. Best example, they don't put the Canadian district badges on the website, but they are in the order form.

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones October 11th 2016, 7:06 pm

This is the link I have in the Ranger Database. I just do a search for the item and it pops right up. I need to update the catalog.

Mark Jones

http://gospelpublishing.com/store/searchresults.cfm?SearchResultsTemplate=&StartRow=1&MaxRows=25&cat=sROYALRANG&mastercat=
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 12th 2016, 4:56 pm

I used to shop by numbers too.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross October 12th 2016, 11:22 pm

But do you ever paint by them?  Mr Green