Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

database  

Latest topics
» National Royal Ranger Council Thursday - Saturday
by Mark Jones February 17th 2018, 6:20 pm

» Removing God from the BSA
by ccm2361 February 17th 2018, 11:54 am

» FCF clothing & gear supplier
by Mark Jones February 16th 2018, 12:19 pm

» February 2018 Thread
by RRCmdrBennett February 8th 2018, 4:31 pm

» Promotional Video!
by ccm2361 February 8th 2018, 6:26 am

» Haversack Madness!
by Mark Jones February 8th 2018, 4:12 am

» January 2018 Thread
by RRCmdrBennett February 1st 2018, 7:26 pm

» From the Back of that Cold dark Cave Opening you can hear....
by Mark Jones January 30th 2018, 11:21 pm

» FCF Winter Outing
by Mark Jones January 25th 2018, 11:22 pm

Statistics
We have 70 registered users
The newest registered user is Hemm11

Our users have posted a total of 13681 messages in 730 subjects

Gun funnies

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by ccm2361 on April 29th 2017, 8:31 pm


_________________
Chris
Former Commander
MI Outpost 97 2008-2016
avatar
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1057
Join date : 2013-05-08
Age : 51
Location : St. Johns MI

http://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by Claymore on May 3rd 2017, 12:00 pm

Well, this isn't a joke, but I guess that it is rather funny.

I have a PACT Model 1 Ballistic Chronograph.  I've had it for over 20 years.  You shoot (slightly over it), and it measures the speed of the bullet.

The trick is that you have to shoot close enough to the sensors that they can see the bullet, but far enough above them to not hit them (do you see where this is going?).

Well, a couple of months ago, I was measuring velocities on ammunition that I was shooting out of an AR-15 that was in the old "Vietnam Era" Configuration.  It had the carrying handle as a permanent portion of the upper receiver.  I had also mounted a Red-Dot Scope on the gun.

Problem is that the top of the Carrying Handle is about 3 inches above the Bore of the Barrel.  On top of that, I had to attach a Scope Adapter Rail, that is about 3/4" high.  On top of that went my Scope Rings and Scope, which is another 2".

So all of this made my Line-of-Sight about 5 3/4" higher than the Line of the Bore (A/KA "Line of the Bullet").  When I fired five rounds "over" the Chronograph, I only aimed about 5" above it, and shot up the Photo Sensors.

The Company does not make replacement parts for this model any more.  Fortunately, I just found a replacement model with Photo Sensors on Ebay for $25.00.

Back in business, next week.

_________________
"Rangers Lead the Way"

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
avatar
Claymore
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Posts : 2170
Join date : 2013-05-17
Location : Northern Mississippi

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by joecool on May 3rd 2017, 2:50 pm

Claymore wrote: Well, this isn't a joke, but I guess that it is rather funny.

I laughed harder than I do for most jokes.

joecool
Star member
Star member

Posts : 1665
Join date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by Phillip Gross on May 3rd 2017, 11:12 pm

Aim higher... Smile
avatar
Phillip Gross
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Posts : 2395
Join date : 2013-05-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by RRCmdrBennett on May 4th 2017, 4:02 am

Thats why unless I wanted an historic configuration I am not a fan of a fixed iron sit. I prefer the Optic/sight ready models. I am usually a Springfield Armory fan but that turns me off to the new Saint model.

_________________
Dan Bennett
Sr Commander (2007-2016)
N Central Area Communications Coord, CI (2016)
RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.99

avatar
RRCmdrBennett
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 3419
Join date : 2013-05-15
Age : 41
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by Claymore on May 4th 2017, 1:13 pm

Phillip Gross wrote:Aim higher... Smile



What are you?.......................



.......................................................an Air Force Recruiter?

_________________
"Rangers Lead the Way"

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
avatar
Claymore
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Posts : 2170
Join date : 2013-05-17
Location : Northern Mississippi

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by Claymore on May 4th 2017, 1:21 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote:Thats why unless I wanted an historic configuration I am not a fan of a fixed iron sit. I prefer the Optic/sight ready models. I am usually a Springfield Armory fan but that turns me off to the new Saint model.

Back when this rifle was "born" there was no such thing as a "Flat Top" AR-15.

The "elevation adjustable" A-2 Models were just starting to show up, and I did not have an A-2 upper receiver.

Also,

I built this rifle for my wife.  She went through Army Basic Training shooting an M-16 A-1, so I made this as close to what she had used as possible.  It even has the old triangular handguards.

When I went through Basic Training, my issued rifle was an M-16E1
(M-16 Experimental Model 1)

_________________
"Rangers Lead the Way"

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
avatar
Claymore
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Posts : 2170
Join date : 2013-05-17
Location : Northern Mississippi

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by RRCmdrBennett on May 9th 2017, 10:14 am

Claymore wrote:
RRCmdrBennett wrote:Thats why unless I wanted an historic configuration I am not a fan of a fixed iron sit. I prefer the Optic/sight ready models. I am usually a Springfield Armory fan but that turns me off to the new Saint model.

Back when this rifle was "born" there was no such thing as a "Flat Top" AR-15.

The "elevation adjustable" A-2 Models were just starting to show up, and I did not have an A-2 upper receiver.

Also,

I built this rifle for my wife.  She went through Army Basic Training shooting an M-16 A-1, so I made this as close to what she had used as possible.  It even has the old triangular handguards.

When I went through Basic Training, my issued rifle was an M-16E1
(M-16 Experimental Model 1)

Which is your preference?

_________________
Dan Bennett
Sr Commander (2007-2016)
N Central Area Communications Coord, CI (2016)
RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.99

avatar
RRCmdrBennett
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 3419
Join date : 2013-05-15
Age : 41
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by Claymore on May 9th 2017, 11:45 am

It depends. The rifle has evolved.....

My original M-16 weighed 6.5 pounds empty, and about 7.2 pounds with a 20-round magazine.

The M16A2 weighs about 7.7 pounds empty, and 8.8 pounds with a 30-round magazine. Throw optics, a light, and a vertical grip on that, and you can come close to carrying a 10-pound rifle.

The M16A1 was supposed to be good out to about 450 meters. The M16A2 was made to shoot to 550 to 600 meters.

Here in the "jungle" of Mississippi, you will seldom get a shot past 120 yards (and that is in a clearing). So what do I want to lug around all day, just "in case" I run into a coyote? I will take the M16A1 with 10 rounds in the magazine, making it weigh in at about 6.9 pounds.

_________________
"Rangers Lead the Way"

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
avatar
Claymore
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Posts : 2170
Join date : 2013-05-17
Location : Northern Mississippi

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by RRCmdrBennett on May 9th 2017, 7:16 pm

Claymore wrote:It depends.  The rifle has evolved.....

My original M-16 weighed 6.5 pounds empty, and about 7.2 pounds with a 20-round magazine.

The M16A2 weighs about 7.7 pounds empty, and 8.8 pounds with a 30-round magazine.  Throw optics, a light, and a vertical grip on that, and you can come close to carrying a 10-pound rifle.

The M16A1 was supposed to be good out to about 450 meters.  The M16A2 was made to shoot to 550 to 600 meters.

Here in the "jungle" of Mississippi, you will seldom get a shot past 120 yards (and that is in a clearing).  So what do I want to lug around all day, just "in case" I run into a coyote?  I will take the M16A1 with 10 rounds in the magazine, making it weigh in at about 6.9 pounds.
.

Plain basic setup with flip sights and reflex red dot is fine with me. Low mag count would make it easier to carry and less bulky.

_________________
Dan Bennett
Sr Commander (2007-2016)
N Central Area Communications Coord, CI (2016)
RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.99

avatar
RRCmdrBennett
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 3419
Join date : 2013-05-15
Age : 41
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by ccm2361 on October 27th 2017, 9:41 pm

reposting a few classics








_________________
Chris
Former Commander
MI Outpost 97 2008-2016
avatar
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1057
Join date : 2013-05-08
Age : 51
Location : St. Johns MI

http://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by ccm2361 on November 1st 2017, 11:28 am


_________________
Chris
Former Commander
MI Outpost 97 2008-2016
avatar
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1057
Join date : 2013-05-08
Age : 51
Location : St. Johns MI

http://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by ccm2361 on November 1st 2017, 11:28 am


_________________
Chris
Former Commander
MI Outpost 97 2008-2016
avatar
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1057
Join date : 2013-05-08
Age : 51
Location : St. Johns MI

http://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by ccm2361 on November 4th 2017, 12:54 pm


_________________
Chris
Former Commander
MI Outpost 97 2008-2016
avatar
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1057
Join date : 2013-05-08
Age : 51
Location : St. Johns MI

http://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Gun funnies

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum