We have 86 registered users
The newest registered user is CalvinM

Our users have posted a total of 13409 messages in 714 subjects

February 2015 Greetings

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: February 2015 Greetings

Post by RRCmdrBennett on February 11th 2015, 7:33 pm

On Feb 21 I will be just Dairy Supervisor instead Dairy/Frozen. They finally decided to split the depts up and assign a supervisor for Freezer. For years we've been telling them that needed to be done. A Few days ago due to not keeping it all up to their impossible standards they asked me to step down and go to auto tech bay. I get called in early to office today and find out to my surprise its being split up and I'm being given a chance to keep supervisor title and pay for just doing Dairy. Even if I had taken Auto tech position I would only lose .40 cents for 4 1/2 mos till my annual .40 cent raise would kick in again to break even. Hopefully, before then something will break for me to go elsewhere. I've thought of stepping down twice before. I do my best no matter the pay but sometimes you think it just ain't worth the hassle.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.99

RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 on February 14th 2015, 12:12 pm

Brrr snow

Below 0 today & 2 inches of snow

ccm2361
Admin
Admin

http://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross on February 14th 2015, 9:21 pm

Well after years of talking about it, my wife has finally agreed to get rid of the TV completely. Well at least for a one month trial. Then if she sees the benefits that I've cited, then it will be gone permanently. We got rid of satellite a few years ago and just went with either Netflix and then Fire TV (from Amazon) later, but we still spent more time staring at a box than I wanted. So it's gone.

At this point it has been a week since I took the TV over to my shop to store and so far so good. We're a lot more productive for sure. We haven't quite gotten to the point of sitting around playing games at night because we seem to have so much to do, but our goal is to start having some family fun nights. It is funny though how busy we've stayed since getting rid of the TV. Kind of makes you wonder how things got done before.

Will let you know how it all goes...
Phillip Gross
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones on February 15th 2015, 11:13 am

Last night I was sitting around the front room. My whole family and my son's girlfriend was all on their mobile devices. I looked around and said your all a bunch of Yuppies.

This generation will be known for walking around with a smart phone and and tripping over things. GRIN!

Yesterday. We were figuring out how much koolaid for a group of 50. They broke out the smart phone and asked how many 16oz drinks for 50 folks and it said 5.2 gallons or so. It was funny. Kids were showing me their cars they wanted to build on their smart phones.

We had some boys that were done with their cars and paint was curing... I said hey. Take some of that cedar and make your mom a valentines heart out of that red cedar. (I know how to make points boys you better believe it).

We had a great time. I picked up a cold some where. Bummer. It's been a couple of years since I was sick.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 on February 15th 2015, 5:32 pm

What was that Mark?
I wasn't listening I was looking at my phone

ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones on February 16th 2015, 7:19 pm

I told them they had better watch out. I can remove bandwidth access. Grin!
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett on February 18th 2015, 12:55 am

100% of my access to the forums is my mobile iphone. So much faster than my atom processor powered laptop. There are a few shows I watch but I'm just not as much into as I was growing up. Nowadays people could ditch tv and still be plugged into shows via tablets and phones. It is convenient asking any question anytime or "give me directions to xxxx riverdale st at such a place" and it GPS's it for you.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.99

RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 on February 19th 2015, 2:41 pm

It is so cold Snowing

we have had 3 straight weeks of 15 degrees or below weather. Today is so bitter cold. Currently 3 degrees with a wind chill rating of -11

ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones on February 24th 2015, 7:16 pm

Yesterday morning I was up a pole between 8 and 9 am. It was so cold I had to get down and warm my hands back up so I could work. I get aggravated at myself when it's cold out like that and I am not thinking things out before I do them. Extra trips, dropping stuff I need up 20 feet in the air. Looking longingly for Spring!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross on February 24th 2015, 10:42 pm

It was so cold in South Carolina today too! I think it was still around 32*F at around 11am, AND we had snow flurries this morning... It's BRUTAL here!!!  Mr Green  I also can't wait until Spring!

Well we kicked off the racing season this past weekend at "Little Tally". We started out the weekend trying to run Phillip Jr's new race bike, but between it not being tuned properly for the altitude and temperature, and him being pretty rusty, it was a disaster on Saturday. That evening we discussed a few things and Sunday he went out on track looking like he'd been there before... if you know what I mean. We also put the new bike away and broke out the old bike for Sunday's races which brought him a 1st place Sunday afternoon.

All in all it was a good weekend. One of the things that I talked about with Jr is that you always have to have a "first time" for things in life, and they usually leave a bit to be desired, but if you don't quit then you'll do well. The first day of the first event of the season was a rough one for us mechanically and performancely (for him), but he got up swinging on the second day and earned the top step on the podium for his class.

Now the crew chief/master mechanic/daddy needs to get his crap together and deliver a properly running race bike for the next event! Wink
Phillip Gross
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore on February 24th 2015, 11:04 pm

Phillip Gross wrote: We started out the weekend trying to run Phillip Jr's new race bike, but between it not being tuned properly for the altitude and temperature, and him being pretty rusty, it was a disaster on Saturday.

As Commanders, we should know better.

I was away, where the temp was between 68 and 80 degrees. I wanted to have my wardrobe be sharp, so I took brand new underwear and some brand new dress shirts.

Now that nice thick-pile cotton underwear and T-shirts would have been great up here in the cold, but in 80 degrees, there was some serious chafing going on. Also, I had to dress for a couple of formal dinners and pulled out a nice new maroon shirt with kind-of a quilted pattern.

Gads! it was like wearing quilted long-johns under my suit. That lasted for about 10 minutes, and I had to go back to change shirts.

So moral of the Story:

Never, never go on an expedition with brand new equipment that you haven't tried out first. (I should have known better from being out in the Field.)

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross on February 24th 2015, 11:15 pm

Claymore wrote:
As Commanders, we should know better.....

Never, never go on an expedition with brand new equipment that you haven't tried out first.  (I should have known better from being out in the Field.)
You are correct SIR! I hated to do it, but... I couldn't help myself. I rolled the dice and lost that round.

Here are a couple pics of the bikes. This first one is of the new (to us) bike. It's a 1994 Honda RS125 chassis with an 85 engine in the place of the 125 (two strokes).
" />

This is a pic of Jr on the "older" bike before he went out to win Sunday's race. It's a 2004 Honda NSR-50 (also a two stroke).
" />

And this last pic is of Jr coming back into the paddock area after his win. I'm surprised his wheels are touching the ground because he was floating on cloud 9 after that win!
" />
Phillip Gross
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: