RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» March 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 8:22 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 24th 2024, 7:09 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17078 messages in 1004 subjects

Change for the Good

3 posters

Go down

Change for the Good Empty Change for the Good

Post by Mark Jones January 16th 2015, 7:23 am

Tonight we have our SW Division Commanders Meeting.  Planning for upcomming events and such.  

I can remember as a Sr. Commander going to events and thinking...."that needs to be fixed"  or  " I think there might be a better way to do that"  or  "I don't want to do that again"  GRIN!  So I voiced my opinion(s).  They looked at me and said. If you want to change things get involved and learn why we do things the way we do and then tweak it.  

I did just that.  Area Commander to Section Commander to Division Staff and then on to District Staff.  Still hard at fixing things that are not as good as they should be.  End result is a better ministry for all.  

With God's help He has helped us here in So. Mo District to do a lot of neat stuff.  Not perfect but a lot of good things have been done in Christs name over the years.    The team of Rangers locally and all around the US need to do our very best to make things better.  Sometimes that is to stand up and challenge a man to set aside his self and do what God wants.  That's hard stuff to do for sure but it's what God wants us to do.

Bottom line.  Keep plugging away out there.  You will find God leading you to make it better.  Listen to Him.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Change for the Good Empty Re: Change for the Good

Post by strods January 16th 2015, 1:47 pm

Similar situation here, though nowhere near as far as Mark.
Last fall I wanted to spend some time w/ a new Cmdr, so I went through Basics with him. The District Commander was teaching & asked if I could cover a chapter. I reminded him that while I've gotten to my Ready level, I'm not qualified as an instructor.
He asked how long have you ran that outpost?
"5 years"
"Teach the chapter."

So later the whole group was talking about the Sabre/Leadership camps. I asked why we hadn't hosted any in Iowa?
"Because no one wants to coordinate it."

Ever have that moment where your arm raises, step forward, or mouth opens, and you're not doing it? Ya, like that.

So I homeworked from what I other states have done. Used common sense about what I know about the local situation, prayed, talked to the wife, prayed some more, wife some more, and finally sent my recommendations up to district.

We have nothing specific, but they are interested enough they want me to start attending the district staff meetings.

I knew something on this size was going to take time but I just assumed they would have one of the veteran Cmdrs manage it. They still may. In a lot of ways I still feel wet behind the ears. But if the District asks you to table I'm humbled.

Anyway, the point is yes. Play you strengths, respect authority, but don't be afraid to point out opportunities for polish

#35 - Dsm IA
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett January 16th 2015, 1:59 pm

Thats sort of how I got to be an instructor and brought training back to our section I kept plugging for it at roundtables when is Basics...?

Show passion and they will see it.

Ever consider coming to Ohio and attend an Action Camp as an adult leader you can see how the best do it!!!

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content