RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» March 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 8:22 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 24th 2024, 7:09 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17078 messages in 1004 subjects

New National comander.

+4
joecool
Claymore
ccm2361
strods
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

New National comander. Empty New National comander.

Post by Mark Jones September 3rd 2014, 7:06 am

Dear Royal Rangers Leaders,

In April, we announced that Doug Marsh would be transitioning into full-time leadership of Royal Rangers International. Since that time, we have been in ongoing conversations with leaders from around the nation as we have prayerfully considered candidates that have been submitted for USA director of Royal Rangers.

We are excited to share with you that Karl Fleig, former Indiana district CE and men’s director, has accepted our invitation to lead this critical discipleship ministry. Karl was brought to the minds of key leaders independent of one another and then confirmed in what could only be described as a supernatural calling.

Karl comes with over 13 years of leadership in the Indiana district office and has been involved in varying degrees of Royal Rangers for longer than that. His district role had him involved in men’s ministry, discipleship, kids’ camp, and more. He was very active in Royal Rangers, including attending LEAD and other national trainings for a number of years.

I would like to commend both Karl Fleig and Doug Marsh on their commitment to a strong transition and a healthy relationship of Royal Rangers USA and Royal Rangers International. Both of these men have a passion for mentoring the next generation and will work well together to strengthen this ministry globally.

Please feel free to communicate with Karl through email at rangers@ag.org or by phone at 417-862-2781 x.4181 to share your congratulations and support.

Blessings,

Mark Entzminger
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

New National comander. Empty Re: New National comander.

Post by Mark Jones September 3rd 2014, 7:07 am

I hope and pray this Commander enjoys working with boys and loves to camp. Looking forward to working with him.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 3rd 2014, 7:21 am

Reposted from the Indiana District Website.
Announcements

As many of you already know, Brother Karl Fleig is no longer serving as our Men’s Ministries Director any longer. This has led to some changes within how the district ministry operates and left a tremendous hole in the heart of this ministry. Pastor Karl believed in the ranger ministry for a very simple reason. It is much easier to train young men to follow the path of righteousness while they are young, so that we do not need to repair broken men when they are older

The Indiana Ranger Leadership team presented Pastor Karl with a leather shooters bag to accompany his black powder rifle. The shooters bag was presented to Pastor Karl by FCF president Ralph Fisher. The bag was from the collection of our dear brother and previous Indiana Ranger District Director Jim Pierce. We pray many blessings over our friend, mentor, and pastor as he embarks on this next great journey! Look forward to seeing you for many years to come Pastor Karl!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 3rd 2014, 11:40 am

I have hope but I'm in wait n see mode.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 4th 2014, 3:25 pm

Well one thing. Doug has the staff trimmed down now to Steve, John and JR and one secretary.

I know a office full of staff and secretaries has one looking for revenue to pay them. Perhaps with out a large staff they will be able to focus on program quality over and above resource sales.

I sure do hope we get back to our roots in Royal Rangers. Reach, Teach and Keep folks for Christ. It would be a wonderful thing to see the focus put back on Christ and our faith in Him and what He as done for us at Calvary. The pipe dream of every boy a GMA or every boy a life long servant leader just didn't pan out and it sure didn't line up with what Jesus told us about the harvest is great but the workers are few... leave it up to man to try and make Jesus out to be a liar. Makes me want to shake my head at this foolishness. Wisdom comes from READING Gods word and finding out what it HE says about something and then doing our best with God's Help.

Trying to do it in our own will and means has only brought major decline in Rangers. We need to get back to the Gospel and rely on God and HIS plan.

FCF just kept on going along fine. We just looked at all that other stuff and said oh that looks like a mighty nice NEW CART and we did the JB methods and the ministry grew here.

I wished they would run this stuff by me before they publish it. I could very quickly tell them...that's carnal, that's carnal, that's carnal. That's Spirit, that's Spirit... It seems there is a lack of decernment somewhere at the top. I would do it for free.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by strods September 4th 2014, 8:07 pm

Mark Jones wrote:

I wished they would run this stuff by me before they publish it.  I could very quickly tell them...that's carnal, that's carnal, that's carnal. That's Spirit, that's Spirit... It seems there is a lack of decernment somewhere at the top.  I would do it for free.  

Mark Jones
You and me both. In fact that's not a bad idea Laughing You have the long term history. I'm an example of positive product from the "young and new" age they want to attract.

"Well sirs, I can see you have good intentions . . ." "But if you want this to work in the field by most outposts with the single commander running it, and be easy for new churches to start, you could make it simpler by . . .

Focus on the single commander, new outpost, and anything larger will be able to handle it also. That is the key to growth.

As I write these words again I have half a mind to write a kind letter of recommendation to our new National Commander. How crazy am I?
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 September 4th 2014, 9:15 pm

I hope as well

his facebook page

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 5th 2014, 9:45 pm

Looks like an outdoorsman and hunter!

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 8th 2014, 2:34 pm

Ya...well we can't go by looks. Photoshop has pretty much made pictures a virtual reality.

I was flipping through the Leaders manual last week... so many boys and leaders in there that were models only. I say that because they are no longer active in Rangers.

Photoshop is nice. One can take something that isn't and make it look like it is.

I pray for the days when what we see is what we get. This vision casting stuff is like methane gas..it makes a big bubble when it comes up out of the ground and then we get left with the vapor and the stench of it.

We just need real people doing real things for our Lord and King Jesus. Creditability would be wonderful.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 8th 2014, 9:19 pm

So you think they shopped the new guy into hunting and shooting scenes to fool us on his fb profile... Okkkk Very Happy

If it was in a new GPH book I might agree. They are not doing camping outdoors focus. They would have him playing drums or shooting hoops instead.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 September 8th 2014, 10:39 pm

We will find out soon enough

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 8th 2014, 10:53 pm

When does he officially take over?

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 9th 2014, 6:48 am

What I am saying is I have had a fill living in Springfield of staged photos. Stuff that never happened and never was. I know most of the folks in the leaders manauls. Almost all staged.

One photo of a guy in a hunting outifit doesn't mean he is a avid hunter. Show me the fruit of what some one is doing and there you can find what the person is about.

This last sunday I sat in a leaders meeting. RRI National staff were discussing doing more of the same. I just would like to see them do something real.

Mark Jones

RRCmdrBennett wrote:So you think they shopped the new guy into hunting and shooting scenes to fool us on his fb profile...  Okkkk Very Happy

If it was in a new GPH book I might agree. They are not doing camping outdoors focus. They would have him playing drums or shooting hoops instead.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 9th 2014, 7:00 am

The boys playing basket ball in the Leaders manual are from our outpost. We NEVER play basket ball EVER. They showed up and took the boys over to the local school and then photoshoped the rest of it. None of it was real. It was all perceived. Even one of the boys that is still in Rangers said "I don't know what that is all about.

It would be good to see real things that are happening being used instead of a pipe dream. I don't know of any sports teams in Rangers. National office has a touch foot ball game at our Pow Wow but that is it. It's not a real thing happening.

Just want real stuff. This vision casting stuff is GARBAGE.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 September 10th 2014, 6:25 am

Mark Jones wrote:The boys playing basket ball in the Leaders manual are from our outpost.  We NEVER play basket ball EVER.  They showed up and took the boys over to the local school and then photoshoped the rest of it.  None of it was real.  It was all perceived.  Even one of the boys that is still in Rangers said "I don't know what that is all about.

that is sad.

then they had the nerve to tell us not to use staged photos Rolling Eyes
(in the "Royal Rangers Brand Indentity Guide")

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 10th 2014, 1:35 pm

I really hate it, when people expect us to live up to the same standards that we set for others.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 10th 2014, 5:02 pm

I guess it's no different than taking the applause sound track from a spectacular event and use it where ever you want to. They do the same thing on spectator shots. It's "perceived" means it doesn't have to be real...in sales anything goes.

While I agree the World is a master at doing this kind of stuff. I just feel it's a major lack of character for the church to be involved in it too. Church just needs to be real. Rangers just needs to be real.

So many things we have mimicked the world on it comes to a point when folks ask what makes you different. I would like to see REAL stuff. If they have no REAL stuff perhaps their vision needs to come back in line with the REAL STUFF! Is this asking too much of our Church and Ministries?

I really do expect real. The rest of it is a pied piper vision casting methane gas attack.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 10th 2014, 5:21 pm

Can't win for trying...

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 September 10th 2014, 6:17 pm

Mark Jones wrote:
So many things we have mimicked the world on it comes to a point when folks ask what makes you different.  I would like to see REAL stuff. If they have no REAL stuff perhaps their vision needs to come back in line with the REAL STUFF!  Is this asking too much of our Church and Ministries?  

You nailed it Mark.
I was sitting in the lunch room at work today listening to 2 of my coworkers discuss someone they both know who is "religious". They were talking about him & his church saying  "they are just like everyone else".  talking about the drug & pregnancy problems at the churches school

in other words they are not real

Made me sad, to think of the wasted chance they had to show the "real" Jesus to these unbelievers

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 10th 2014, 9:00 pm

I was encouraged tonight. I ran accross a coworker that retired about 7 years ago. I asked about his Dad who had passed 2 years ago. In our small talk I noticed a smile on his face and a sparkle in his eye. He told me the best thing that ever happend to me is I got saved. Praise God 7 years ago I sat in a parking lot with him and explained salvation to him. I invited him but he said he wasn't ready. Yet I knew in my heart that seed was planted and one day. Well today I got to see a "new man" a real change. A real event that makes me tear up because God reached down and saved another soul. That's Gospel and that's the stuff I crave to see and hear.

The carnal stuff..just makes me sad. Yet I know God is working right now. So praise God through it all.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 10th 2014, 9:23 pm

I would love to see a National Commander that loved Jesus and loved to hunt and loved to work with boys and loved camping. That would be a major blessing to me.

I was told by national staff a few months back to not expect any real change of direction. I would rather hang on to the first paragraph but it's hard to shake off carnality. Once it has its roots in a organization its rare that it will come clean from it.

If Jesus was here in the flesh he would probablly go turn over a few tables and break out the whip. Mankind is bent that way and with out God's leadership we will go down that path again and again and again.

Mark Jones

If we want to see growth..they need a man that is outlined in the first paragraph. That's God's man for Royal Rangers.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett September 11th 2014, 12:19 am

Do you think A/G exec leadership from '62-'89 gave JB carte blanche to do mostly what he saw fit?

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore September 11th 2014, 1:04 am

I'm going to re-direct Dan's question slightly:

Do you think that under Johnnie Barnes from 1962 to 1989, Royal Rangers was treated like the "Cash Cow" that it was in recent years, declaring training materials obsolete every 5 years, and telling us to hawk overpriced hand sanitizer?

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 11th 2014, 8:04 am

Ouch! That's gonna leave a bruise.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 11th 2014, 4:28 pm

Ok. I never met Johnnie Barnes. I do know a bunch of people that worked around him and one of those was his Secretary of some 18 years. I have worked on her phone 3 different times over the years..sometimes just in the yard next to her house but I did visit with her about Johnnie Barnes.

When I asked her about some of the changes we had in Rangers she smiled and said. Johnnie wouldn't have liked that. She said he was the nicest man she ever knew. She also told me that don't let anyone tell you different..that program came out of his mind with God's help.

They developed the program over the years..but it was tweaks not whole rewrites and the program I was in had NO WRITING. Except in the Ranger of Year program. They did some testing and stuff and the GMA essay was pretty much it.

I think it was a positive cash ministry because God blessed it but the books and stuff pretty much stayed the same.

GPH needs stuff to print and National Heaquarters owns GPH..so you can see the bend towards publications..yet in this world..publishing is being done by electronic means much more so that would leave a hole in a publishing company.

I can see the reasons behind stuff..just needs to stay real ministry and not a cash cow for corporate. I don't mind them making a living...just not at the expense of the ministry God has called me to do.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next