RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool April 17th 2024, 10:40 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 April 17th 2024, 7:33 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17098 messages in 1005 subjects

Tyler Bend float on the Buffalo River.

2 posters

Go down

Tyler Bend float on the Buffalo River. Empty Tyler Bend float on the Buffalo River.

Post by Mark Jones July 22nd 2014, 7:41 am

We are heading out this Saturday morning for a over night float trip on the Buffalo River. I was delighted for the first time in my AR group this past 2 years we have had 100% that wanted to go. That's a first. When push came to shove we still have a good 90% going... weddings and jobs came up.

This float will be different. It's only 6 miles. But it's full of jumping cliffs and swimming holes and we are going to take it very easy. Snorkling and swimming and camping on the river. We will be bringing all our camping gear in the canoes and kayaks. Loads of fun and challenge.

I haven't been on this stretch of the river but I do know it's wider and slower moving. So tips and dumps in the canoes will be at a minuim.

It's fun to see the boys growing up and getting over their fears of leaving their mommas and camping out over night in the wilderness. It's a good thing for sure to see them grow.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Tyler Bend float on the Buffalo River. Empty Re: Tyler Bend float on the Buffalo River.

Post by Phillip Gross July 22nd 2014, 12:01 pm

Definitely envious of those float trips!! We want to develop into that stuff eventually. Hope ya'll have a good time.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Tyler Bend float on the Buffalo River. Empty Re: Tyler Bend float on the Buffalo River.

Post by Mark Jones August 2nd 2014, 7:22 am

Really enjoyed this easy float. Water was moving pretty fast and we hardly paddled at all. Report and pictures at this link.

http://readyrangers.tzo.com/2014tylerbendfloat/2014tylerbendfloat.htm

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross August 2nd 2014, 10:15 pm

So what's your favorite verse and why?
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones August 3rd 2014, 11:40 am

Jesus wept. It shows how much God loved us to live as we do to experience it like we do. To see Him the Creator of the Universe to cry humbles me to think God loves us that much.

There are many scriptures that came up and most couldn't quote the book, chapter and verse but they had the idea right.

To me these are the best of the best Ranger times. If they can share a spiritual part of themselves and you can relate to them in that. That's pretty cool. Most of the time the quality of this is enhanced by roughing it. I don't see the quality or sincerity so much in the classroom..but outside after working, playing, swimming, cooking, dragging up firewood and lighting a fire... there I see the lights come on much more. It relates back to that Johnnie Barnes article of why camping. The difference is night and day and that is one reason I strive to get them outside of their comfort zone where their flesh isn't ruleing every step of the way.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down