RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool April 17th 2024, 10:40 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 April 17th 2024, 7:33 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17098 messages in 1005 subjects

Doug Marsh Blog June 2014

+2
joecool
ccm2361
6 posters

Go down

Doug Marsh Blog June 2014 Empty Doug Marsh Blog June 2014

Post by ccm2361 June 16th 2014, 10:32 pm

New blog post today
Doug Marsh wrote:District Directors,

National Rendezvous is rapidly approaching, and registration numbers are among the highest we have ever seen at this point in the registration process. We can see that we have an amazing opportunity to make this the largest attended National Rendezvous ever. With your help, we can easily achieve this historical milestone.

I issued a personal challenge to make this happen last month after the first registration deadline. Today, June 13, is the day before the second registration deadline, and we have not quite completed the challenge. I’m asking every district/chapter to continue to seek at least 4 additional members to register. I know we can do it!

I’m looking forward to “Shaking the Wilderness” with you at the largest Rendezvous ever!

Doug Marsh
Royal Rangers National Director

NSSP AMBASSADOR PROGRAM

NSSP application is available on the national website (http://royalrangers.com/events/championships/) and at the NSSP website (http://www.thenssp.org/) with July 1 deadline.

BOYS’ AWARD APPLICATIONS

Please cascade the information that all boys’ advancement applications have been updated. They now require the pastor’s signature. This is something many pastors were asking for because it allows them to comment on the Christian character development of the boys during the advancement process and connects our pastors to our boys.

Boys’ award applications will be updated later in the year to reflect more flexible a la carte ordering options.

MENTORING FUTURE MEN CONFERENCE

The videos from the Mentoring Future Men Conference are now online at http://royalrangers.com/lead/2014/.

BOYS’ AWARDS

Boys’ award recipient lists have been updated on the national website.

GMA MEDALS

For those district directors not able to attend LEAD in March, you may have noticed that GMA medals are now being sent to church/leader.

NRMC

We also need to push the AZ NRMC. If they wait until after Rendezvous to register it will be too late. Come to both!

NEW CATALOG

Over the past few years, you will notice the prices in general of Royal Rangers product have not gone up, and we have tried to keep the costs as low as possible. As costs have increased, we have absorbed more, but it has come to a point where we have had to do a price increase. With the release of the 2014-2015 catalog in July, you will notice a 5% price increase on all products.

Please note new products available to districts shown in new catalog. GPH will be providing all of the service regarding these items. Below you will find numbers for your reference. In order to be able to place your orders for these items, you will have to use a GPH district account number. If you are not able to use your district account number, you may email JR Whinery in our office, and he can assist you in placing your order.

Promotions
729146 Quick Start Guides available to districts at $0.50 each

Training
729143 Ranger Safety Patch
729145 Ranger Safety Certificate
729144 Continuous Learning Certificate

New Geographic Patches
151362 Samoan Dist.
151363 FL Multicultural Dist.
151364 So Latin Dist.
151365 TX Gulf Hispanic Dist.

RENDEZVOUS WIN

“As a dad and a Royal Rangers leader, I am excited to be able to attend a National Rendezvous with both of my sons for the very first time. To me, nothing is more exciting than being able to experience this event with both of them. This event will be one that we will be talking about as a family for many years to come!” Hope to see you there!! Anthony Hubbard, FCF national historian

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Doug Marsh Blog June 2014 Empty Re: Doug Marsh Blog June 2014

Post by joecool June 17th 2014, 10:34 am

Doug Marsh wrote: Please cascade the information that all boys’ advancement applications have been updated.  They now require the pastor’s signature. This is something many pastors were asking for because it allows them to comment on the Christian character development of the boys during the advancement process and connects our pastors to our boys.

Pastors want to do more paperwork? Not around here. For years, my pastor was only too happy to turn the whole show over, knowing that things were well taken care of. Well, at least until the new guy showed up. It allows pastors to comment? No, it doesn't. They are just signing national's boiler plate statement that's already on the form. The real "cascade" information is that all medals now require nationally-approved paperwork, along with national prices. Here's a real-life consequence: One of my AR boys, a very active lad, had pretty much destroyed his DR medals. His mom wanted to pay for their replacement. In the old days, I could independently order them for about $15 apiece, and that was that. But, no. Because national had no record of this boy's DR medals (because it wasn't needed back then), I was required to fill out a "new" form listing all his merits from back then. What a hassle.  thumb down
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 17th 2014, 11:23 am

Anyone who has ever worked for the Government has seen plenty of requirements for Ground Level Members to fill out documentation that justifies the Upper-Level Administration (who has not been there doing the Ground-Level Work).

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 June 17th 2014, 6:10 pm

Doug Marsh wrote:National Rendezvous is rapidly approaching, and registration numbers are among the highest we have ever seen at this point in the registration process. We can see that we have an amazing opportunity to make this the largest attended National Rendezvous ever.

Sadly, I have trouble believing these sorts of statements now.  Not Working 
It may well be true, but after 7 years of "premier, most in demand", "most sought after" "Biggest", "Record" "growing" every statement like this is now suspect. Is it real or just more perceived reality  Dunno 

Doug Marsh wrote:BOYS’ AWARD APPLICATIONS

Please cascade the information that all boys’ advancement applications have been updated.  They now require the pastor’s signature. This is something many pastors were asking for because it allows them to comment on the Christian character development of the boys during the advancement process and connects our pastors to our boys.

This does seem like an un-needed complication. What does it matter? If a kid meets the requirements, they meet the requirements. Are they going to hold up or deny a medal if a kid is not known by the Pastor? or if the Pastor does not feel the kid's "Christian Character" is not developed enough?

Seems more like marketing & Pastor shmoozing to me  thumb down 

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by strods June 17th 2014, 10:41 pm

joecool wrote:
Doug Marsh wrote: Please cascade the information that all boys’ advancement applications have been updated.  They now require the pastor’s signature. This is something many pastors were asking for because it allows them to comment on the Christian character development of the boys during the advancement process and connects our pastors to our boys.

Pastors want to do more paperwork? Not around here. For years, my pastor was only too happy to turn the whole show over, knowing that things were well taken care of. Well, at least until the new guy showed up. It allows pastors to comment? No, it doesn't. They are just signing national's boiler plate statement that's already on the form. The real "cascade" information is that all medals now require nationally-approved paperwork, along with national prices. Here's a real-life consequence: One of my AR boys, a very active lad, had pretty much destroyed his DR medals. His mom wanted to pay for their replacement. In the old days, I could independently order them for about $15 apiece, and that was that. But, no. Because national had no record of this boy's DR medals (because it wasn't needed back then), I was required to fill out a "new" form listing all his merits from back then. What a hassle.  thumb down

Ditto. Ours wants to know what the boys are doing, but because he recognizes that regular advancements are a sign of a healthy outpost, but Frankly he'd be happy if it could be just 1 email saying
"Johnny has made this rank."
"Billy is here"
"Tommy will likely be talking to you about a service project."

The needed signatures. Mild Argh. Please don't expand them more.
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett June 17th 2014, 10:51 pm

Many pastors don't know the boys as well as we do. Seems like something is meant smooze pastors. This is likely to delay boys being recognized for achievements. As a pastor I want to sign every app for every boy for every medal and make "judgements" on their Character... Whats he or she going to do say I don't he's good enough RK GTA???

Pastors are really asking for work and papers to sign...

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore June 17th 2014, 11:42 pm

Kind-of sounds like HQ is using the County Road Crew Work Model:

One guy (National Director) makes work for 2 other guys (Outpost Commander and Pastor) to do, making it require someone (District Staff) to supervise, so that the person who initiated the Project (National Director) can take credit for the job.

----Same as repairing Asphalt Pavement---

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 18th 2014, 1:00 am

Claymore wrote: Kind-of sounds like HQ is using the County Road Crew Work Model:

I have a mental picture of a guy from national throwing a shovel full of dirt over his shoulder onto a local guy. The local guy is returning the favor, but his shovel is only half the size. Is this what they call a "shovel ready" job? Mad 
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones June 18th 2014, 11:19 am

Hey I am looking forward to attending this camp. Anytime they are promoting camping I am for it.

I ignore the foo faaa rah. I learned along time ago..

When someone uses... Absolutely, World Class, Premier almost with out fail they are a flim flam sales man and are looking for a buck and 90% of what they are saying is fluf..(vision casting..modern day use is a horn on this side and a horn on that side and a bunch of bull in the middle.)
Sad to say but when the guy up top looses his credibility he might as well get out of the way so real growth can go forth and a harvest come out of it. I sat in on Dougs pilot WCO in our sunday school class at Central AOG. He let the cat out of the bag several times by saying to grow your "business" err I mean Rangers. After hearing this about 3 times I knew where it was coming from.

We just need a man after God's own heart. That loves working with boys and loves scouting and camping. When we get that back...we will grow our Rangers.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 18th 2014, 1:58 pm

Mark Jones wrote: He let the cat out of the bag several times by saying to grow your "business" err I mean Rangers.

Re-branding an organization to improve it.....+$1000
Using a transparently business model....-$1000
Catching the top dog saying that....priceless.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 June 18th 2014, 10:07 pm

Mark Jones wrote:Hey I am looking forward to attending this camp.  Anytime they are promoting camping I am for it.  
I wasn't saying that I hope its not that big!  wasnt me  I hope it does well. I just have trouble believing their predictions

Mark Jones wrote:Sad to say but when the guy up top looses his credibility he might as well get out of the way so real growth can go forth and a harvest come out of it.   I sat in on Dougs pilot WCO in our sunday school class at Central AOG.  He let the cat out of the bag several times by saying to grow your "business" err I mean Rangers.  After hearing this about 3 times I knew where it was coming from.  
Credibility!
thank you! that's the word I was looking for!  Cool 

The National Office has lost credibility in my eyes. Too many promises of greatness, with only mediocre (or worse) results. Not Working 

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 18th 2014, 10:47 pm

Just got back from putting on a BBQ for a special group. 16 men and women are bicycling from Seattle to Chicago to bring awareness to slave trafficking. It's a Christian ministry called Venture Expeditions. They're sleeping overnight at my church. The paper was supposed to send a photographer, but he never showed up.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones June 19th 2014, 7:44 am

Doug lost credibility for me back in the sunday school class when he was quoting Rick Warren and the purpose driven life stuff.

I thought at that time if he ever became National Commander we would be in a spiral down. Men of Faith need to have Faith in God for the increase not the other way around... 30 ways to grow your church. Life long servant leaders (the promise of it) is so out of line with God's word. It's a cool man made idea..but folks when your ideas are contrary to God's Word and what it says... IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. BEST advise... if your interested to see if something is a good idea...see what the Bible says about LIFE LONG SERVANT LEADERS. Jesus said the harvest is great but the workers are few. Only a self reasoning psyho fool would think they could reason around Jesus words here. GREAT IDEA but if your Spirit filled a light has got to go off in your head.

Our denomination is in serious trouble..because of this very same GARBAGE!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones June 19th 2014, 7:47 am

The devil is a master crafter at fooling humans and even angels. If he can get them off of God's plan doing some really neat works like handing out water bottles and doing all kinds of cool neat works and has them doing it by asmosis... no gospel, no trusting God for the increase... devil has them.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool June 19th 2014, 8:54 am

How many years has Billy Graham preached a simple gospel message of salvation? How many came to the Lord? Well done, thy good and faithful servant.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett June 19th 2014, 10:44 pm

joecool wrote:How many years has Billy Graham preached a simple gospel message of salvation? How many came to the Lord? Well done, thy good and faithful servant.

I recall an interview Billy did with Larry King he was asked same question Joel was asked about other people who don't believe in Jesus were going. He gave the same response Osteen he beat around the bush. Multiple sources have said Graham's ministries will turn those who say they are catholic back to their priest. I'm not knocking catholicism here but when someone seeks Jesus we lead them to Christ not a priest or pastor.

Chris, if one area of Royal Rangers is growing it is probably FCF. Still with nat'l HQ's reputation They've lost credibility with me too.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content