RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool April 17th 2024, 10:40 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 April 17th 2024, 7:33 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17098 messages in 1005 subjects

It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread

+2
RRCmdrBennett
Phillip Gross
6 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread

Post by Phillip Gross December 14th 2013, 11:25 pm

The bridge between the two halves is shriveled by the hormone. It's a good and a bad thing at the same time. It creates a disconnect within the male thinking. That's a bad thing at times because we become (generally speaking) single minded. It's also what allows men to focus on the issue at hand, whether a battle, or work, etc, without having other issues complicate matters.

I feel it when I start to work a lot. The job becomes the main issue and even though I miss my family cognitively, I'm fine with being away from them because I've got to "conquer" the battle at hand.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 14th 2013, 11:33 pm

I totally get that. I wonder if this is the same for the male gender in the animal kingdoms too?

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 15th 2013, 9:45 am

I imagine it might be that way. You can observe differences in actions between male and female animals which has to be caused by something.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 December 15th 2013, 9:28 pm

snow snow snow 
ready to be done with winter......alas It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread - Page 4 2410941 

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 15th 2013, 9:46 pm

Woke up this morning with a bit of a sore throat. :(  Nothing terrible, but I feel pretty worn out. Took a nap for a few hours this afternoon (that was awesome!), but I've still felt tired today. 

Got about 8 days of work ahead of me before I take a week off to spend with the family. I'll come home Saturday night so I can do P&W Sunday morning at church, but then I'll head back out of town as soon as that's done and come back home Monday night. We do a candle light service for Christmas eve that I've also got to prepare for... if I only had the time!
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 December 15th 2013, 10:46 pm

Phillip Gross wrote:Woke up this morning with a bit of a sore throat. :(  Nothing terrible, but I feel pretty worn out. Took a nap for a few hours this afternoon (that was awesome!), but I've still felt tired today. 

me too. caught the cold the kids had  sick 

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 15th 2013, 11:57 pm

Not trying to play "Doctor Clay" here, but here is my personal experience:

I used to catch ANY Cold or Virus that came through town. It was not unusual for me to catch 3 or 4 colds, the flu, and some othere assorted virus in the course of a normal year.

My doctor did a blood analysis on me, said that I was low on Vitamin D, and prescribed a supplement. I told him that I took a vitamin D supplement (1,000 units per day), and he laughed at me. His prescription was for 50,000 units per week.

Since I take that, I catch about 1 virus per year. With the supplament and the flu shot, I haven't had a bad case of the flu in about 4 years. The only thing that might really knock me down now is if bronchitis gets past my defenses.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 16th 2013, 1:51 am

I only took the flu and pnuemonia shot in Dec 2010 because I was laid up in the hospital for a couple weeks. I don't get flu shots otherwise, too many bad side effects.

I had fluid built up in my lungs so bad they had to drain it out of my back. I've never been shot or stabbed but I think the pain I experienced whenever I was laid out flat was pretty close. Even morphine didn't cut it when I had to endure a cat scan. I also went hypoxic (sp?) low oxygen in the blood so I passed out. Of course as Drs and Nurses would they lowered me flat when I awoke to a crowd of medical personnel reviving me. I screamed for them to prop me up.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 16th 2013, 7:14 am

I get sinusy here and there, but nothing that makes me want to stay in bed very often anymore. I'm still going to work today, but my throat is scratchy. Haven't had a scratchy throat in a long time. I used to get sick all the time until I had my tonsils and adenoids removed last year. This is probably the worst I've felt since I had that operation. The bad thing is that I was just bragging last week about how I don't get sick anymore. Laughing I guess pride comes before a fall in many areas!
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 16th 2013, 8:53 am

Used to fly a lot between the states and Bahrain. Always caught a cold, and on top of the jet lag, it was always a miserable trip. A friend once made a "duh" revelation to me. All the breathing air in a jet is continually recycled. So the guy sneezing 100 feet ahead of me in row 1 is essentially sneezing in my face. So how do I protect myself? My friend told me to squeeze some Neosporin in each nostril before getting on the flight. I'm telling ya, it worked!
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 16th 2013, 8:57 am

I wonder if a little dab of neosporin daily would help stave off colds in general...
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 16th 2013, 10:18 am

Phillip Gross wrote:I wonder if a little dab of neosporin daily would help stave off colds in general...

That, and something I always told my students..."Don't lick the desk tops."
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 16th 2013, 11:55 am

I'm sure the recycled air would be an issue for sub personnel too. Thanks for the tip. My dad has spoken of Bahrain from his Navy days.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 20th 2013, 8:13 pm

Been gone since Monday morning. Going home tomorrow night so I can do praise and worship service Sunday morning and then I'm leaving directly after that to come back out of town. Then finally going home Monday night for a week with the family! Woo hoo! Looking forward to Christmas vacation! Smile
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 21st 2013, 12:27 am

Next two weeks I have 3 days off each week due to getting holiday pay for Christmas and New years. I'd rather be given 8 hrs personal time or vacation I could use anytime I chose rather than lose the 5 day.

We had a successful Christmas party in Rangers Wed night and we're off for 3 weeks. We're be combining DR/AR for the rest of the Ranger year.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 21st 2013, 12:41 am

We had an easy night on Wednesday. We invited the Girls' Group over, popped popcorn, made hot cocoa on the Coleman Stove, and played Bible Trivia.

Girls won Crying or Very sad 

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 December 21st 2013, 11:42 am

we had a small group Wednesday night only 4 rangers. we had a group of people who wanted to go caroling this year & someone was put in charge of that. for some reason they set it up to happen DURING church wednesday night  Rolling Eyes So we lost half our rangers to that.  thumb down 

Weather is turning bad.. had freezing rain yesterday & more expected today & tomorrow. Supposed to be an ice storm in the counties to the south of us.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 21st 2013, 4:03 pm

Ice storms are rough. We've had a couple throughout the years here. You can go outside and hear all the trees breaking. Lots of power outages. Stay warm up there! Smile
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 December 22nd 2013, 2:38 pm

The ice storm came last night. we got about 1/4" of ice on everything. there are a lot of tree limbs down & some trees down. Power is out in some areas. (We have power) The counties to the south of us got it a lot worse! they got at least 1/2" of ice.

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 22nd 2013, 8:10 pm

Glad you guys are OK!
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones December 22nd 2013, 8:44 pm

Ice storms are one of those times the folks say thanks to the Lineman. One of these storms takes several years to get through them with all the damage they do.

I was putting lines back in that were torn out from past storms. This year.

In no time flat a little frozen water can humble a area.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones December 22nd 2013, 8:48 pm

People are so fickle. They will harp and growl and tell you no you can't cut that tree or those limbs... Then one ice storm and they are with out power for 10 days... "Cut it all down, take it all"

I see it quite often at work. They will growl and snarl and get mean and when you say ok..and start walking away.. and they know your walking away from them... bam a whole different change of heart. I can recognize those folks with in minutes after so many years of seeing it in action.

Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 23rd 2013, 1:27 am

Try Northern Mississippi.

The biggest agricultural crop here is Lumber.

God originally made this land for mixed hardwoods (Red Oak, Water Oak, Blackjack, Hickory) and a few pines.  Man got a better idea, and is planting pines all the way up to the highways.  

Pine Beetles devastate a large percentage of the trees, and with their shallow roots, the trees often topple into the power lines.

In Wisconsin, the Power Company clears away something-like 50 feet on either side of the lines.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 24th 2013, 4:52 pm

Getting ready to go to our candlelight Christmas Eve service. Looking forward to a good time of fellowship with my natural and spiritual family.

Hope all you guys have a great time with your families!
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones December 24th 2013, 5:12 pm

Merry Christmas to all!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next