RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Culture Rot
by joecool April 17th 2024, 10:40 pm

» April 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 April 17th 2024, 7:33 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore April 3rd 2024, 2:06 am

» March 2024 Thread
by joecool March 31st 2024, 9:17 am

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17098 messages in 1005 subjects

It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread

+2
RRCmdrBennett
Phillip Gross
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread

Post by Claymore December 11th 2013, 5:16 pm

I do.

Three years ago, we got 8 inches of snow overnight. Everything in Northern Mississippi shut down for 3 days.

I went deer hunting.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 11th 2013, 5:19 pm

Claymore wrote:I do.

Three years ago, we got 8 inches of snow overnight.  Everything in Northern Mississippi shut down for 3 days.

I went deer hunting.

You're an exception because you're a northern transplant.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 11th 2013, 7:56 pm

RRCmdrBennett
Phillip Gross wrote:I wouldn't mind having some snow if it's going to be cold anyway... At least then I get a forced day or two off since everything shuts down here when any flurries hit the scene.

Funny, most southerners don't know what to do when the white stuff hits the fan..

Oh, you're right about that! The shelves at the grocery store are bare in hours when snow comes. In fact, I think that's why it is nice when it comes. It creates a forced holiday compared to other regions where life trudges on in all but the heaviest of snows.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 December 11th 2013, 10:04 pm

joecool wrote:Hate global warming. Hate it, hate it, hate it. snow 

Global warming

YES PLEASE!!!!  my world needs some more warming  Laughing

Last edited by ccm2361 on December 11th 2013, 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 December 11th 2013, 10:20 pm

We had our award ceremony tonight  Cool 
awarded most medals ever in one night.

We awarded:
3 Gold Falcons
2 Gold Hawks
1 Silver Medal (our first)
2 Jr. Leader Achievement medal (our own award-given to recognize 2 years service as a Jr Leader)
1 Jr Leader Service Award (our First)

We issue our own medals, so they look a little different
Our 3 Gold Falcons
It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread - Page 3 PC110015

these two (my kids) earned Gold Hawks &  Jr Leader Achievement awards
It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread - Page 3 58bd37b3-a1b3-43f9-9d5d-3f242d40ae16

Our Senior Patrol Leader took home a Silver Medal & the Jr Leader Service Medal for Outstanding service as a Jr Leader. (he is the best Senior Patrol Leader we have ever had)
It's the most wonderful time of the year December Thread - Page 3 PC110019

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 11th 2013, 10:24 pm

Congratulations, Chris. Good job.

That's a good measure of the Outpost Leadership: how well the members are advancing.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 December 11th 2013, 10:50 pm

Mark Jones wrote:Hey we have already had almost 12" of snow this year. More than we got all of last year.  Love this stuff.  Well for a few days anyway. GRIN!

Mark Jones

about time somebody else got some  Laughing 

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 12th 2013, 10:09 am

Little Judah had his first birthday yesterday and took his first step today. Smile
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 13th 2013, 2:48 am

Congrats to Judah!

The other day after work I noticed a license plate with an Eagle Scout medal painted on it. Has anyone else seen these before? I was wondering if states allow anyone to submit an image like that to be painted on their tags or just ones already in their system?

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 13th 2013, 10:13 pm

Had our outpost Christmas party tonight, which also happened to be our final Friday night meeting. I'm pretty excited about this new season we're going into because I think it's going to work a lot better! I already know that a couple people who've fallen be the wayside have expressed that Sunday afternoons will work better for their schedules than Friday nights because of sports etc.

I also know that we'll be losing a Ranger and American Heritage Girl leader (husband and wife) because they say the Sunday afternoon time won't work with their schedule... There's always going to be some collateral damage with any decision made, but I believe that it'll be best overall in the long run.

I gave out the flyer for our CWC tonight and met with a good bit of enthusiasm.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 14th 2013, 12:07 am

Good luck with the new schedule, Phil.

So how did you come about the decision to move nights:

Church Staff Meeting?

Ranger Staff Meeting?

Canvass the Parents?

Senior Commanders Proclaimation?

Other?

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 14th 2013, 12:46 am

It was a divine decree... Question not the man behind the curtain...  lol! 

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 14th 2013, 5:41 am

Yeah, what Dan said! Laughing

I had the feeling off and on for awhile that the Friday deal wasn't working as well as I'd originally imagined when we started. A couple weeks ago, I finally had enough and talked to my wife, AHG coordinator, about the plight. After discussing it, we decided Sunday nights seemed like the best time to change it to. She happened to be at the pastor's house hanging with the kids (while I was down in Charleston), so it wasn't a difficult thing to run out by him to make sure he didn't have a problem with it. He agreed that it seemed like a good change and that we'd given the Friday night deal a fighting chance. After that phone call I called the other commander who's been with me from the start on this, and ran it by him. He was totally down with it, so the decision was made. 

Took all of about 30 minutes from the time I came to a conclusion that it needed to change to a final decision. Not a lot of bureaucracy to trudge through here. I guess that's why I have such a different point of view on a lot of discussions around here, from what national says, to local church politics. I've only run into one issue (with Rangers) in 1 1/2 years that pastor had a problem with what I wanted to do. I got aggravated, chewed on it, realized that he gives me carte blanche in a lot of things, so I swallowed it and it was no longer an issue.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones December 14th 2013, 10:38 am

I like Sunday nights. Sunday afternoons are there as well if you need to do a little prep work or a extra event. Most of the time it's just the Ranger meeting 6pm to 7:30 pm. Same as our normal church time.

I like it.

I had one seminary pastor tell me one time that Sundays was family time. I looked at him and asked what do you call the rest of the week with your family? I admonished him and told him if his church people had the same convictions he wouldn't have much of a church...grin!

They had issues. I was glad to see the collateral damage fall into that heap. Not everyone has a heart for it. Those that don't your better off when they find something more suited for them. (I don't kick folks off the bus). Some have one thing they like to do for Rangers. I just put it to use and ignore the other 99% fail! GRIN!

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 14th 2013, 12:48 pm

We have Children's Church on Sunday Mornings, but nothing on Sunday Evenings; so kids often sit in Evening Services bored or playing on I-Phones.

I had thought that we could have a supplamentary Ranger Night during Sunday Evening Services. It wouldn't be mandatory, but that boys could work on additional merits or advancements.

My wife said, "No. I want you to be in the Sanctuary with me" and I have heard exactly the same thing said by other Commanders' wives; even about Wednesday nights.

So I relented. There is no kids' programs on Sunday nights.

.....and we haven't attended Sunday night church in the past 7 weeks scratch

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 14th 2013, 12:52 pm

... But if y'all did, she'd want you sitting there with her! Smile 

I like that idea of a supplementary meeting for those wanting to excel, or for those struggling with things.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 14th 2013, 1:15 pm

OK, and here's the "rub".

Over 25 years ago, SHE was the one who pushed me for 2 years to be a Royal Rangers Leader. "Oh, you've got so much Outdoor and Leadership Experience. You could teach those boys so much. They really need you at church...(yadda, yadda, yadda)...."

Of course at the time, I had my plate full, working on the Narcotics Task Force doing 10 to 20 hours per week of overtime.

So I was supposed to take time that I didn't have to be a Ranger Leader and work at Church. But now that I am retired and have the time to donate, it's too much. scratch scratch

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 14th 2013, 1:43 pm

Stop right there sir! You are attempting to enter a dangerous area of trying to understand female logic. (Boy, that's an oxymoron! Laughing )
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 14th 2013, 2:31 pm

I was the first one from our Academy Class to be promoted to Detective (after 10 years of Patrol, Narcotics, & Undercover).

So after the Promotion, I was assigned back to the Bureau for General Investigations at the Detective Level.

I had only been there for a few weeks, and something had come up (I don't recall the exact details).  

I was puzzling over it, and one of the Senior Men in the Bureau looked at me and said, "Detective.  All women are nuts!.  It's just a matter of 'to what degree' ".

I looked at him, shook my head, and said, "If you had shared that with me 17 years ago, you could have saved me a lot of frustration".

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 14th 2013, 3:07 pm

Ha! But none of us would listen no matter who told us what! :)Yes, Percy Sledge summed it all up in that old classic "When a Man Loves a Woman"

Now I like to joke around, but in full disclosure, I'd never go back to being single for anything! My life would be a mess without my helpmate.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones December 14th 2013, 6:33 pm

If you guys get it figured out let me in on it I still scratch my head and ponder...how God could really do all this knowing the begining to eternity. Perhaps woman have more in common with God then we do...hum.. a thougth to ponder and a easy way out of this trap we have got ourselves into.. gRIN!
\Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 14th 2013, 7:21 pm

Yeah, that was an even better save than my attempt!  cheers
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 14th 2013, 10:33 pm

I was just about to say good save Philip. To me men and women are like the old Trek episode where Kirk is split mentally into two halves. One is driven by pure instinct and emotion. The other is logic, rational reasoning, and intellect. Neither are good or evil just two pieces of a whole. So, I think God did a transporter accident on Adam and split him up mentally. Put the two together they become one flesh. I recall Kirk had to fight with his baser half in order to become one flesh again.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 14th 2013, 10:42 pm

Good analogy. If you ever read "Bringing Up Boys" by Dobson, you'll read in the beginning that the male brain is literally damaged by the sudden rush of testosterone during the gestation period. He was making the point about how we are truly different from before birth in contrast to those who say men and women are only different because of social expectations.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett December 14th 2013, 11:11 pm

Damaged how?

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next