Claymore wrote: "Holy Cards"

What's that, Batman?

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Re: Breaking in the new guy

Post by Claymore on April 3rd 2016, 6:19 pm

Little cards (about the size of a playing card) with a picture of Jesus or an apostle or a saint on one side and a prayer on the other (generally for some specific need).  They are just reminders to help your attitude in time of prayer or need; very popular at funerals or in hospitals.

It's just that I have seen people with condemning criticism of practices like this in other faiths, and not realizing that they may have practices in their own church that do much the same thing.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 on April 3rd 2016, 7:35 pm

joecool wrote:
RRCmdrBennett wrote: Bruce what is Fire tunnels and grave suckers?  

Fire tunnels is kind of like running a gauntlet, without the physical violence. Instead of that, both lines of people are "imparting" spiritual gifts on the people walking through. Grave sucking is done by people who are looking to receive wisdom and a leadership mantle from some deceased evangelist or big-time theologian. They literally lay down on top of the gravesite, and suck it up.

wow that is some scary stuff. affraid

I think Dan is correct to label it New Age Mysticism

It sounds as if they have traded the Gospel of Jesus Christ for the Gospel of man.

ccm2361
Admin
Admin

http://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 on April 3rd 2016, 8:07 pm

Claymore wrote:That is the bane of the Pentecostal and Charismatic Church Movements. There are those who are in such a quest for a "Dynamic" God that they get hung up on chasing the "Dynamics" and not the God.

"Orthodox" Christian Churches tend to not suffer from the same movement of "chasers".  It is true, that Pentecostals and Charismatics often refer to them as "dead" churches, but the Orthodox Churches do not have the same propensity to spin-off into undisciplined, unguided, self-destructive movements.

true.....
But both Catholic & Orthodox churches do head off into guided, officially sanctioned heresy. Both the Catholic & Orthodox churches claim to be the church that carries on the Ministry of the Apostles. but over the last 2000 years they have become badly corrupted (especially during the years 700-1600) to the point they teach things directly contrary to the Word of God.

1 Praying to Mary & to "saints" (this did not become Official church doctrine until around 1770)
2 The use of Icons (praying& worshiping before pictures & statues of Jesus or Mary)
3 The use of relics. (bones, body parts of dead saints or items used by them-believed to hold special power)
ALL Catholic & Orthodox churches around the world have a relic somewhere in the building. They are installed at the founding of that church. (often hidden-but not always) this is required by order of the 7th ecumenical council in 787 AD
4 the word of man is given higher authority than the Word of God. the 7th council also declared that ecumenical councils are infallible & can not make a mistake. In addition they declared the pope to be infallible. This is how Mary worship became official church doctrine, a pope declared it "truth"

ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore on April 4th 2016, 1:04 am

No Doubt!

I have said before that, "As soon as an organization becomes big enough to be an entity, it takes on a life of its own, and the first instinct of any living thing is self preservation."

I also believe in the rule, "Little Bureaucracy: Little Corruption. Big Bureaucracy: Big Corruption."

The four biggest Bureaucracies in History have been: The Roman Empire, the Catholic Church, the Soviet Union, and Communist China.

But we don't have to look far to see Corruption in our own modern Protestant Denominations and Evangelist Networks.

It just tends to be.............................

.............................................................Proportional.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 on April 5th 2016, 10:35 am

Claymore wrote:No Doubt!

I have said before that, "As soon as an organization becomes big enough to be an entity, it takes on a life of its own, and the first instinct of any living thing is self preservation."

you are absolutely right

ccm2361
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on April 11th 2016, 9:52 pm

ccm2361 wrote: The use of relics. (bones, body parts of dead saints or items used by them-believed to hold special power)

Bethel Church recently put up a building and they're filling it with 19th-20th century relics of various evangelists and religious leaders. They want their people to get inspired, as well as touch the relics and get the "impartation." Suspect

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett on April 12th 2016, 2:55 pm

joecool wrote:
ccm2361 wrote: The use of relics. (bones, body parts of dead saints or items used by them-believed to hold special power)

Bethel Church recently put up a building and they're filling it with 19th-20th century relics of various evangelists and religious leaders. They want their people to get inspired, as well as touch the relics and get the "impartation." Suspect
Oh brother and we dog Catholics for holy water and relics. My church has prayer shaw ministry I think is stupid too.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.99

RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on April 14th 2016, 5:53 pm

On Tuesday, I'll be sharing my children's ministry ideas with the interim pastor. Included will be Voyagers, my quasi-Royal Rangers/Missionette program (we don't have enough kids or adults to make the real thing work). Actually, I don't know if he's responsible for CM after the new guy leaves in 2 weeks or what. But I'm not waiting for leadership to get around to addressing it. Can't afford to lose any more families if they get the impression we're stumbling around.

On a side note, it's starting to leak out that the new guy is leaving. Someone stormed into the office demanding to know why he wasn't given the senior pastor's position.

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore on April 14th 2016, 7:00 pm

joecool wrote: Someone stormed into the office demanding to know why he wasn't given the senior pastor's position.

So if 200 members down to 100 is good..........................

Then 200 members down to 50 must be GREAT!

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett on April 24th 2016, 10:01 am

joecool wrote:

Speaking of Bethel church I accidentally came upon a segment dealing with Bethel's "gold dust" in a Justin Peter's video. He compared it to glitter at a rock concert. It was nearly identical. Not all signs and wonders are of God.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.99

RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on April 24th 2016, 10:34 am

RRCmdrBennett wrote:
joecool wrote:

Speaking of Bethel church I accidentally came upon a segment dealing with Bethel's "gold dust" in a Justin Peter's video. He compared it to glitter at a rock concert. It was nearly identical. Not all signs and wonders are of God.

I've watched Bethel's gold dust videos. As heavy as gold dust is, it should fall. What the video shows is clearly a handful of common dust placed in the ventilation system. As it's illuminated by lighting, you can see it swirl and defy gravity. No

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett on April 24th 2016, 4:27 pm

Justin Peters said it was most likely fake or demonic at worst.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.99

RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on April 25th 2016, 2:47 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote:Justin Peters said it was most likely fake or demonic at worst.

Definitely fake. One of our elders said it happened to him. I asked where he experienced it. Of course, right there within Bethel's four walls. I then asked if it had happened to him at any other time or place. Nope. Just the one time 11 years ago. And ever since, all of his spiritual seeking has been based on that "experience". What a shame. What a loss.

It's just now getting out that he resigned as an elder. So now it will be announced from the pulpit on Sunday. And still, no news on what's going to happen with youth and children after May 1st. I just don't understand why leadership can't get ahead of anything. They look like they're perpetually a dollar short and a day late.

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on April 28th 2016, 11:27 pm

Leadership found out today that the new guy, on his own, cancelled Wed nights before the end of the school year. He's gone in 3 days. His reign lasted nearly three years and it's now come full circle. After presenting a new children's program proposal to leadership tonight, my wife and I are back to being the lay pastors again.

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross on April 29th 2016, 7:04 am

What was the proposal?
Phillip Gross
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on April 29th 2016, 9:47 am

I had previously posted about a homegrown program called Voyagers, for boys and girls. It's basically pre-Rangers/M'nettes, and doesn't require lots of adult help. This is "Sunday School", but once we're bigger, can move to Wed nights as the real deal. Children's Church is called Prayse Kids, and uses the Elevate video-based curriculum. It's awesome stuff.

Both programs above have preschool and elementary versions. Of course, everything could change once the new senior pastor is brought on.

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum