RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 14th 2024, 3:44 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» March 2024 Thread
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:13 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17066 messages in 1004 subjects

Culture Rot

+6
RRCmdrBennett
joecool
Canadarangers
Phillip Gross
strods
Mark Jones
10 posters

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Go down

Culture Rot - Page 19 Empty Re: Culture Rot

Post by joecool July 11th 2018, 2:18 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote:
joecool wrote:................................ "If someone has to die as a result of rape, then we should kill the rapist - not the unborn child."

If she’s lucky a judge will let her have option to marry him or go to jail.

I'm a little confused here. Are you saying that the rape victim should go to jail or marry the rapist?
scratch
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett July 13th 2018, 11:21 am

joecool wrote:
RRCmdrBennett wrote:
joecool wrote:................................ "If someone has to die as a result of rape, then we should kill the rapist - not the unborn child."  

If she’s lucky a judge will let her have option to marry him or go to jail.

I'm a little confused here. Are you saying that the rape victim should go to jail or marry the rapist?
scratch

Sarcasm doesn’t translate well. In these countries they actually may stone to death. If it goes to court judges will the women those ridiculous options.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 30th 2018, 7:16 pm

Prayer requested for my nephew who got pulled into the gay culture years ago. A couple of days ago, we got a post where he thanked his friends for their support during his 2 weeks in the hospital. Whatever the cause was, he had a lot of muscle breakdown, but the doctors got his internal chemistry in balance.

Today we got a post from one of his friends who said he's a raging alcoholic, abuses drugs, is homeless and was picked up off the street while cutting himself. Just maybe that's what the cause for his hospitalization was. What a wonderful lifestyle he chose.

I happened to be in the church service when he walked forward for salvation at the age of 12. Lord, make it crystal clear to him that he's hit rock bottom and needs to turn back to you.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett August 19th 2018, 1:34 am

Sorry to hear that Bruce. At least the Roman empire was over 500 years old before the LGBTQ PEDO PAN INCEST POLY illness took over. We’re only 242 years old and about near reached the point he has to judge us collectively or apologize to Sodom and Gomorah.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool September 7th 2018, 7:24 pm

Well, it finally happened. For years, I've been telling my wife that I was close to quitting WalMart (because they're squeezing out the non-WM brands). But it was something else that went over the line.

At the self-checkout, there was a huge monitor showing all the customers in that area. Well, that's not new. What caught my attention: every time a customer moved, a box appeared over that part of the body. In other words, there's no longer a couple of guys in a dark room, scanning multiple cameras for any suspicious activity. It's all computerized, and Big Brother focuses on movement and alerts security when parameters are exceeded.

An assistant manager admitted as much to me in a civil but unsatisfactory conversation. I told him I was a long-time honest customer who felt offended that they were actually showing us what they were doing. And that I'd never come back.

What a crappy world our culture has created.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool October 7th 2018, 8:51 am

For the first time in 30 years, the GOP grew a backbone. As a result, the Supreme Court tilts in a constitution-based direction, as it should. Perhaps judicially-accelerated culture rot has been stopped for now. But the fight is far from over.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 October 13th 2018, 3:52 pm

joecool wrote:For the first time in 30 years, the GOP grew a backbone.

It is about time.

I think the Democrats shot themselves in the foot with their disgusting smear attacks on Brett Kavanaugh. They pushed too hard & now the nation is pushing back. Polling is starting to show that. Democrats are losing ground to Republicans in many House & Senate races.

Keep talking Democrats, you are talking yourselves right out of your desperately hoped for blue wave. lol!

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 14th 2018, 4:12 pm

ccm2361 wrote:
joecool wrote:For the first time in 30 years, the GOP grew a backbone.

It is about time.

I think the Democrats shot themselves in the foot with their disgusting smear attacks on Brett Kavanaugh.  They pushed too hard & now the nation is pushing back. Polling is starting to show that. Democrats are losing ground to Republicans in many House & Senate races.

Keep talking Democrats, you are talking yourselves right out of your desperately hoped for blue wave. lol!

Lack of logical reasoning and rationality is a major symptom of, "Trump Derangement Syndrome". Cure is even more Trump for 6 more years will either cure them or eradicate them.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross October 18th 2018, 8:51 pm

Some of them are starting to learn though. Have you heard the audio of them saying not to admit certain things so they can get elected? Been on the talk radio shows lately.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roguedawg October 18th 2018, 10:11 pm

I seem to remember people threatening to move out the United States if Donald Trump was elected. I wish they would make good on their word and follow through on their promises.

Roguedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross October 19th 2018, 5:20 am

The only things they're good at following through with are things that hurt this country, not help it...
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 14th 2018, 7:01 pm

So I'm sitting in the school superintendent's office this morning, after we've dealt with the umpteenth crisis (just this week), and I ask him if he's seen a particular Jack Nicholson movie. Jack is sitting in a circle with other people who have a variety of neurosis, and he asks the therapist, "What if this is as good as it gets?"

I then ranted that kids and parents are not the same as they were 20 years ago, or even 5. Too many of them are whiny, entitled or just plain beat up. I hate this culture and what it's done to them. As hard as we are working, and it gets harder every stinkin' year, "What if this is as good as it gets?"

Ready for the Rapture.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross November 15th 2018, 7:19 am

I often wonder about this, but without time travel it might be impossible to know. And even then, would we "get it" if we did observe youth in a bygone era?

The Bible says there's nothing new under the sun. Sin has been in the world since the beginning. Rebellion, disrespect, selfishness, hatred, laziness, etc. etc. I'm sure it [sin] has taken on different forms of appearance throughout time, but it has been here all along. If we were to be a fly on the wall in an early 20th century school, would we recognize comments students made as being disrespectful, or would it go over our head because we're unaccustomed to that culture (terms, expressions, etc.)?

Is it truly worse? In my opinion culture goes through waves just like the climate. Warming trends lead to cooling trends. I believe there were times when the culture was in fact more closely aligned with Biblical truth. I also believe there have been times that were even worse than what we're experiencing now.

What's my point? I believe that there has been a battle since the beginning of time. Sometimes the war rages hotter than other times, but it has always and will always be bad until the trumpets sound and Jesus splits the sky.

Feeling like the culture is on a steady decline since beginning to now can bring a feeling of frustration and even despair that we're losing ground. The war has always raged and will continue to do so. It may come with different terminology and styles, but it's still the same root.

Recognize the father of lies and call him out as such. The Prince of Peace is still on the throne and this war will be won. Don't lose heart my friend!
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 15th 2018, 11:50 am

Give this a watch. I found it to be right on and it explains a lot. So what are we to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hER0Qp6QJNU
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross November 16th 2018, 6:27 am

Great video Mark!! Thank you for sharing that. I do agree that what was said hits a lot of the nail on the head. I see things even in my own home that are exactly what he was saying. Things that have caused me frustration that I recognized as somehow being related to electronics, but not being able to totally understand that "why" of it. He did a great job of that.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones November 16th 2018, 8:23 am

I was talking about this to one of the backpacking guys last night at dinner at his house. He said he noticed his youngest son would get mean and aggravating people after he played a bunch of electronic games. He told him about it and the young man got angry and yet he said when I take him out away from all this electronic stuff he is the best. So we know it affects them in many ways it's a good thing to have them unplug set some rules up and say its an addiction. It's affecting you socially so we can help fix this by just putting it away. There will be some friction from it. Yet we know it will be for the good.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 16th 2018, 7:15 pm

Yes, sin has been around almost from day one. And in God's eyes, sin is sin. To him, one sin is no less or no more abhorrent than any another. At different times throughout history, God's chosen and redeemed have occasionally strayed away and paid a price for their rebellion.

I've been around for awhile and my own eyes have seen what the culture has become and what it has done. I have something to compare it to. Younger people don't see the difference, because it's always been that way for them. They've been desensitized to the culture, much like gamers and their violent video pasttimes.

Our culture has fallen so far, and so fast, that's what scares me. What will God allow to happen in order to get our attention? Churches were full on 9-12. Not so much today. There's a denomination up in Canada that was about to hold a trial to deal with a pastor-ette who announced that she was now an atheist and wanted to keep her church and flock. A couple of days before the trial, the controlling authority said "Whatever. She can still lead that church." God will not be mocked.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool November 17th 2018, 5:33 pm

The Catholic Church is facing its biggest crisis since the Reformation...The culture is what it is....Far-left liberals are on the rise....The media and the courts are working to marginalize and then destroy Christianity....Islam has over one billion adherents and is taking over Europe....American demographics are on the verge of being impossible for conservatives to overcome....and Trump will be the last GOP president.

The perfect storm is on the radar, and when it hits, there won't be much left. I envision another "Dark Ages". And just like the last one, it will be outposts of faithful Christians who keep the lights of civilization on.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 13th 2018, 8:19 am

My pastor is "woke" to the culture. He asked me and a buddy to team-teach a new Wednesday class at church. Basically, we'll take topics from the headlines and teach the biblical response.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross December 14th 2018, 11:42 pm

Sounds like a good thing. I think too often Christians "know" something is wrong, but might not know how to accurately explain why it's contrary to scripture. Of course there are probably many that don't even know that it's wrong too...
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones December 15th 2018, 7:48 am

Early in the week one of our church members posted on Facebook they are telling us to take down the Cross in the middle of all the Christmas Decorations and light show.  

Church Rallied.  Talked to the Mayors office.  Went on social media and the cross stays.  Just because someone is offended does not mean it has to come down as long as it's put in the middle of a whole lot of other decorations.  When it is placed by itself then that is cause.  However The Cross stays for now.  

Mayor was reminded by two previous Mayors that he couldn't do that on a whim...it takes a council vote.  

So often we laydown as Christians.  Simply put the devil does stuff we know is wrong and we just roll over and look the other way.  This week this community did not do that.  I am proud of our community.  

Culture driven people to me are like people that are driven by the wind.  They always end up places they don't want to go. All the while missing the mark of where they are supposed to be at.  

We have a guideline. It's called the Bible God's Holy Word.  If it says something and we think we can do it better or not live up to it...well that wind of culture is about to blow again.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 15th 2018, 11:55 am

"An offended brother is more unyielding than a fortified city..." Proverbs 18:19

The culture has done much to ingrain entitlement into the psyche of young people. To the point that they are offended at anything that is outside their personal and very small box. Universities do much to reinforce it, to the detriment of our nation. Inclusiveness, tolerance and diversity? They use these words like weapons to get everyone to line up and obey.

Yes, we need to resist. Even Christians. I read a powerful letter this week from a pastor in China who is imprisoned. Without resistance, we could end up like his country.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool December 15th 2018, 8:07 pm

I take no joy in the misery of another. Scouts USA (formerly known as Boy Scouts) is on the verge of bankruptcy and has hired a law firm to pave the way. How quickly a once universally respected institution has fallen. Only 5 years since they opened the door to openly gay boys, followed by gay scoutmasters, transgenders and then girls. But there was no stopping the bleeding. They compromised their core values and betrayed their constituency.

It's a sad reminder and lesson to the rest of us. In Galatians, Paul wrote, "I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a new gospel..." When making a decision to win the approval of human beings or of God, it should be easier than the guy who picked the wrong chalice in the Indiana Jones movie. "He chose poorly."

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ccm2361 December 15th 2018, 8:57 pm

Very sad
Just like many churchs

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore December 15th 2018, 11:13 pm

joecool wrote:

The culture has done much to ingrain entitlement into the psyche of young people. To the point that they are offended at anything that is outside their personal and very small box.

I expect that the 23,250 troops that landed on Utah Beach, the 34,250 that landed on Omaha Beach, and the 15,500 Paratroopers that jumped into the darkness on June 6 were "offended" by the German mortars, artillery, and machinegun bullets, but they didn't cower in their "safe space".

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 31 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum