RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» March 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 8:22 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 24th 2024, 7:09 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17078 messages in 1004 subjects

Culture Rot

+6
RRCmdrBennett
joecool
Canadarangers
Phillip Gross
strods
Mark Jones
10 posters

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

Culture Rot - Page 11 Empty Re: Culture Rot

Post by joecool January 18th 2016, 12:27 pm

Just thinking about the latest incidence of Islamic terrorism, that of the hotel attack in Burkina Faso. In years past, the Assemblies of God heavily promoted missions work there. And in fact, one of the victims this week was a missionary who ran an orphanage. Six of the victims were Canadian. Their prime minister led a moment of silence...at a mosque.

America isn't immune from this. For the better part of 15 years, presidents and the media have bent over backwards to protect Islam, even as their more extreme ranks got more and more violent. What if Christians were the ones killing tens of thousands in the name of their religion? Would our president and media protect them, or vilify them? All you have to do is look at the extremely rare cases of an abortion provider being killed, and you'll find your answer.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross January 18th 2016, 9:50 pm

Takes me back to right after 9/11. I neither think George W did everything right, nor everything wrong. But I knew he was 100% wrong after the attack when he said this wasn't a holy war. It absolutely was and is a holy war. There are spiritual forces causing physical actions.
Phillip Gross
Phillip Gross
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett January 19th 2016, 1:00 pm

Ephesians 6:12 
[12] For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 

The Bushes are Skull and Bones members. Bush Sr spoke openly of NWO several times once in SOTU. Bush began what Obama continued: defending Islam!

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 16th 2016, 6:36 pm

Got a head's-up that my county's school board is considering a transgendered student policy tonight. Doing some fast research and then it's off to the meeting. My grand-daughter has chosen their high school to attend next year. Can't sit on my butt. Culture Rot - Page 11 3169784017
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 17th 2016, 10:25 am

Update on the above school board proposal. You could tell which way each board member was leaning. One member was laughably a liberal caricature, if you catch my meaning. The proposal is straight (no pun intended) from the federal Office of Civil Rights, and it mandates full services for transgendered teens and the outlawing of "stereotypical labels of masculinity and femininity."

I pointed out that the federal verbiage included the word "binding". I then said I visualized each one of them wearing handcuffs, being they would have no ability to make their own decisions in the future. Other citizens in attendance had good arguments as well. "We'll make up the financial losses if the feds cut off your funding", etc.

In the end, the board voted to defer the proposal until they did more research. So, crisis averted for now. Vigilance.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore February 17th 2016, 10:43 am

Well, you're holding the "Barbarians at the Gate".

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool February 17th 2016, 11:09 am

Claymore wrote:Well, you're holding the "Barbarians at the Gate".

Which is why I used the image above: The Spartans at Thermopylae.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 1st 2016, 9:40 am

joecool wrote:Got a head's-up that my county's school board is considering a transgendered student policy tonight. Doing some fast research and then it's off to the meeting. My grand-daughter has chosen their high school to attend next year. Can't sit on my butt.

I may have solved the board's quandary. I came across an article a couple of days ago concerning Texas. Statewide, high school superintendents will be directed to use the students' birth certificate, period. How simple is that? Now, there are only 3 states that don't allow for the sex on a birth cert to be changed, and Montana isn't one of them. The procedure for that is long, complicated and costly. Just the way it should be. It does away with the problems caused by spur-of-the-moment whims and pranks.

The school board chairwoman was falling over herself thanking me for the find. Hopefully, her fellow officers will fall in line and be able to resolve their policy problem, without falling under the federal thumb.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool March 10th 2016, 2:28 pm

Britain's National Health Service is on the verge of training their medical staff to approach the parents of unborn children who have been diagnosed with serious defects. The parents will be encouraged NOT to abort the children, but to carry them to full term...in order to harvest their organs.

Lord, come quickly.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett March 11th 2016, 2:53 am

I thought we were supposedly superior to the Nazis but we're doing the same thing as Eugenics and eliminating the weak. The holocaust wasn't just Jews but also mentally and physically defective people.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool May 13th 2016, 4:53 am

When will Americans say that Obama has gone too far? By the time you read this, his Secretary of Education will have announced his directive for all public schools to allow transgendered students to use whatever bathroom they identify with. Doesn't matter if they haven't previously announced their gender change, gone for any counseling or legally changed their birth certificate. Their "feelings" are enough.

No, the directive doesn't have the weight of law. But the same announcement will say that public schools are at risk of losing federal dollars if they don't comply. It's a civil rights issue, don't you know? Here's what the GOP needs to do. Flat out abolish the Dept of Education and return the money to the states. No more hammer over their heads, and each state can decide what to do with this issue.

Everything is being normalized and celebrated. Pedophilia will be decriminalized in my lifetime/next 20 years. Count on it. This nation's days are numbered. And here's a side thought: In an age when our gov't is bending over backwards to avoid offending Muslims, why does it keep doing stuff like this? Gives Muslims another reason to hate us.

When there's nothing remaining on the left's to-do list, we'll be a society that can't draw the line on anything. We will have absolutely no moral authority to intercede in any of the world's problems. If only hell had a "Vacancy/No Vacancy" sign to wake us up. Unfortunately, there's no maximum occupancy limit.

It's almost 3 am and I can't sleep. And this isn't helping. Lord, come quickly.

joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 2nd 2016, 10:08 am

You've probably seen TV commercials for ChristianMingle, an online dating site. Two gay guys filed a lawsuit saying that the only two choices, "woman seeking man" and "man seeking woman", discriminated against them. They won their lawsuit.

Henceforth, the site's only two choices are "I'm a man" or "I'm a woman." Wait until the trans crowd hears about that.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore July 2nd 2016, 5:09 pm

A right which does NOT exist in the U.S. Constitution has overruled a right that DOES exist in the Constitution.

Beauty!

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 2nd 2016, 11:54 pm

I was sitting by a lake earlier today thinking. What's the last event that our side has had to celebrate about? Racked my brains, and I genuinely couldn't come up with anything. Everything seems rigged against us. Even common sense decisions go the wrong way.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett July 3rd 2016, 2:44 am

I'm not going to worry a bit. All will happen according to God's decree and sovereign will.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 6th 2016, 1:51 pm

In a preemptive move, a church in Iowa recently filed a lawsuit against their state. It turns out that one of their departments recently printed a brochure concerning transgendered rights. One section stated that since churches provide a public service, they can be required to let (disturbed) individuals choose whatever accommodations they feel like.
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett July 7th 2016, 12:14 am

Soon we'll be Denmark where all churches are forced to perform gay weddings.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones July 7th 2016, 3:03 pm

I don't understand why folks are concerned over making other folks do what they don't want to do. Its an easy fix.

If someone said they wanted to come into my Church and preform a Islamic Gay Significant other Rally and said the Laws of the land say "You have to allow me in" ...

The options are only bound by the limitations of one's creative thoughts.

Sure you can use our Sanctuary.
It might be a good time to install a EARLY WARNING SIREN System or check out the grounding in the lighting system above their heads. or install a disco light and have it being tested properly. Perhaps it would be prudent to have the piano tunned. Feed back in the PA system is always a issue that needs resolved. Or you could check all your guns to see if the barrels are riffled properly shooting into a approved inside target. Women could have a sour crout lunchen going on in the hallway of the lobby. Or have a group of snake handlers come over and check the sanctuary for mice.

Just so many things that need to be done.... Each member of the church could book a daily rental of the property and it could be booked years and years out.

So many perfectly legal things that need to be fixed are just about endless.

You want me to make a cake for you....sure I would be glad to.

The letter of the law is a double edged sword. One must think on it. Pray about it and then figure out what God leads them to do on behalf of all concerned. Only a fool would think we as Christians are supposed to roll over like a puppy and do what ever someone tells us to do. I had a dog that could smile and snarrel a the same time.

Just make sure it's legal. After a few hundred forced services they might get the picture and not make us eat green eggs and ham if we don't like green eggs and ham.

Have your Ranger group work on leather craft punching holes in the next room. So many perfectly good ways to deal with things like that. Perhaps the ground works administrators calendar didn't get updated and its time to oil and seal the parking lot...

The devil is a stinker and we need to remind him of who he is and where he is going. No sense in making it easy for him.

Mark Jones

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool July 7th 2016, 4:04 pm

Mark Jones wrote: ...Its an easy fix...

Your recommendations are a bit tongue-in-cheek, but humor gets us through all the insanity. I've heard some say to protect the church by making all events "for members only", like a private club, but that really wouldn't work. All you need is one activist coming in undercover, whose goal is to attain membership and then start planning events and lawsuits.

What we really need is prayer and close observance to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. And perhaps a little civil disobedience when the time comes...and it will come. Culture Rot - Page 11 3169784017
joecool
joecool
VIP Member
VIP Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones July 7th 2016, 4:58 pm

There are still a lot of options that are yet to be explored.

Through the years. I have learned that if I wasn't interested in doing something there are tons of creative ways of not doing it. That is all I am saying.
When BIG Brother comes in and tells me I have to do something. Unless BIG Brother is there to make sure every option is on his behalf and Big Brother is soon doing all the work...it soon becomes not worth it for BIG Brother. They soon leave and go else where, where folks roll over like a puppy.
Tongue and cheek. It works. Done it for over 37 years when it was needed.

I laugh. At Pow Wow one of the ole timers who does a great job and I commend him on his hard work. He is a lot retentive and everyone just cowers to him. Cooking eggs at 5:30 in the morning for 500 folks. He was going around showing everyone how to scramble eggs. We have been scrambling eggs every pow wow for 20 years...GRIN. So I had him showing me just how to do it everytime he came up to me. He said Jones your just playing me aren't you. I said yes but you deserved it...GRIN! He then left me alone to cook eggs.
Give them what they ask for and MORE! They will soon leave you alone.

It works. It works well.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Canadarangers July 7th 2016, 10:33 pm

joecool wrote:
Mark Jones wrote: ...Its an easy fix...

Your recommendations are a bit tongue-in-cheek, but humor gets us through all the insanity. I've heard some say to protect the church by making all events "for members only", like a private club, but that really wouldn't work. All you need is one activist coming in undercover, whose goal is to attain membership and then start planning events and lawsuits.

What we really need is prayer and close observance to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. And perhaps a little civil disobedience when the time comes...and it will come.  Culture Rot - Page 11 3169784017

....Prayer and close observance of the Bible, then Connstitution and the bill of rights, in that order you mean....

RR OP #5
BC&Yukon Dist.
Canada eh.

Canadarangers

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett July 8th 2016, 10:54 am

Bill of rights predates our constitution and was included in the first ten amendments.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore July 8th 2016, 9:59 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote:Bill of rights predates our constitution and was included in the first ten amendments.

Sorry, the Bill of Rights does not predate the Constitution.

The Declaration of Independence predates the Constitution.

The Articles of Confederation predate the Constitution.

But the Bill of Rights is the first ten amendments to the Constitution.

The Basic Constitution of the United States was composed, but the Representatives of the States wanted more protection from Central Government than what was spelled out in the body of the original text.

And so those ten amendments were written, approved, and attached.

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett July 9th 2016, 3:58 am

I thought the Bill of Rights was added to the constitution. Thanks.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett July 9th 2016, 4:08 am

Claymore, my bad I was thinking Bill of Rights was a separate doc. The collective first ten amendments do have their predecessor documents that many were derived from the Virginia Declaration of Rights (June 1776), English Bill of Rights (1689), and the Magna Carta (1215).

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content