We have 86 registered users
The newest registered user is CalvinM

Our users have posted a total of 13409 messages in 714 subjects

Culture Rot

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Culture Rot

Post by RRCmdrBennett on May 22nd 2014, 8:34 am

Its good to know He has written His-Story's future and He is victorious!

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.99

RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on May 22nd 2014, 12:38 pm

One of the men of our church owns a fire sprinkler business. During our church expansion construction, he was one of many subcontractors to do the work. I'm not quite sure of the details, but he was sued by the union (his shop is non-union) for not hiring their people. The union also sued our church, on the premise that his tithes should have gone towards hiring more expensive union workers. I'm not going to say anything about unions, just that this is yet another culture rot situation.

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett on May 22nd 2014, 12:53 pm

What was the outcome of the suits?

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.99

RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on May 22nd 2014, 5:06 pm

RRCmdrBennett wrote:What was the outcome of the suits?  

The suit is still pending. You know lawyers. They drag out everything to keep the money coming in. (Any lawyers out there? I won't apologize.)

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett on May 22nd 2014, 10:20 pm

Its all frivolous.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.99

RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on May 28th 2014, 3:50 pm

joecool wrote:I have followed Dr. Ben Carson for awhile, and felt that he could end up being a paradigm-shifting politician. He has a column today that sorely disappointed me.

He was trying to justify his recent endorsement of a Republican pro-abortion candidate. Summary: "There's a difference between principles and pragmatism. In order to win, we will need to prioritize our issues." Or to paraphrase, it's necessary to compromise a core principle. Winning is everything. Yep, give a guy long enough, and he ends up vetting himself.

In another column today, Dr. Carson doubled down. Summary: "In order for us to get control of the courts and save babies, we have to elect pro-abortion Republicans so that we can appoint pro-life judges." Yeah, it didn't make any sense to me, either.

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore on May 28th 2014, 10:28 pm

joecool wrote:One of the men of our church owns a fire sprinkler business. During our church expansion construction, he was one of many subcontractors to do the work. I'm not quite sure of the details, but he was sued by the union (his shop is non-union) for not hiring their people. The union also sued our church, on the premise that his tithes should have gone towards hiring more expensive union workers. I'm not going to say anything about unions, just that this is yet another culture rot situation.

Maybe you should contact John Stossel at Fox News/Fox Business Network.

I'm sure that he would love to do a story on the Unions suing a church.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on May 30th 2014, 1:40 pm

The Interior Dept just directed the National Park Service to begin a review of LGBT locations to receive historical site designation. Remember last year when the Park Service closed down various parks and veterans' memorials to make the sequester more painful? No way the LGBT sites would ever be closed. In fact, even in the event of a major financial collapse, the feds would find a way to keep them open.

I was just thinking that I might never again pull over to read a historical marker on the side of the road. Wouldn't want to take the chance. Maybe they could have a rainbow-colored frame or something.

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones on May 30th 2014, 5:18 pm

My 35 years as a Union worker has always been pretty positive. The union only keeps the first line bosses from being a mini god in their own minds. I have seen many a person fired over the years. Union just kept it fair and just.

My work doesn't have issues like your talking about. Our union just keeps the contractors from taking all our work and having one guy making all the money and the grunts making min. wage. I know there is bad examples of unions just as there are bad examples of churches. Just need to realize they are not all the same. Some are good and others are not.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett on May 30th 2014, 8:01 pm

Walmart is scared to death of getting a union. They usually preach twice a year how much better off we are without them.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.99

RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on June 2nd 2014, 10:06 pm

A Southern Baptist (normally conservative) mega-church in California is now accepting of gay rights, including marriage. Why? The senior pastor's son came out as homosexual. Yes, some are leaving the church. But the change apparently came with the blessing of the majority of the leadership. Love the sin, as well as the sinner. How many people are being led astray by their pastor? Will the SBC kick their congregation out?

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones on June 4th 2014, 10:13 am

I just point them to the Word. God said it not me. If God said it then it's Word. It's one of the worst of sins. It's all about self. God hates that sin.

I will stay with God's Word. When man leaves the Bible he is on is own as far as I am concerned regardless of the organizational backing. Bible says these things will happen. We shouldn't be suprised by them.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on June 5th 2014, 12:08 am

Mark Jones wrote: We shouldn't be suprised by them. Mark Jones

How true. Yet the rapidity of the falling away from God's word is nonetheless stunning. Only five years ago, I doubt very much that there were more than a handful of people that thought gay marriage would come about in their lifetime. Now it's far more than a handful of churches that are doing backflips over its occurrence. If this keeps up, the rapture bus is going to have a lot of empty seats on it.

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on June 5th 2014, 12:25 am

It just keeps coming. Remember Kermit Gosnell, the infamous abortion "doctor"? His adult son was part of a home invasion yesterday and was shot by a resident. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? Must be in the genes.

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillip Gross on June 5th 2014, 7:23 am

What about those 12yr old girls that planned and carried out their attempt to kill the other girl by stabbing her to death? Think I heard 19 stab wounds... That's just nuts.
Phillip Gross
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on June 5th 2014, 11:15 am

While it's important to inform people of what's going on, I would like to see this forum's intelligent, wise and spiritually mature posters to start moving in a different direction. What can we, with God's help, do to turn this around. Or at least slow it down.

I will be teaching a freshman elective next year, titled "Computing Culture." By design, it can be interpreted more than one way. Yes, I will do a lot of computer stuff with them. But I will also guide them in trying to figure out the culture they live in, and how they can impact their generation. This is my long-awaited student-staffed think tank, which has been funded by a grant.

So, what kind of advice would you give to young high-schoolers? Where would you have them start? Do you have any resources, in addition to the Bible, that have spoken to you over the years?

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore on June 5th 2014, 4:46 pm

HISTORY!

The words of the Founding Fathers are so closely tied to the bible, that you can quote Washington, Madison, and (yes even) Jefferson, and you can almost paraphrase the Bible.  But even aside from Biblical "words" by relating their self-sufficient, Godly Attitudes, you are giving them a Cultural Foundation that they, likely, did not get at Home or Public Schools.

My personal attitude is that I am a "Grunt".  I worry about my own little "Section of Fire" (Rangers, NRA Instructor, and Hunter Safety Instructor).  If I spend all of my time worrying about Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and the Church Nursery, I can't do my own job.

Just like: if the Gunner's Mate is worrying about the guys in the Engine Room, he won't be focusing on his targets and doing his own job efficiently.  If the guys in the Engine Room are spending their time worrying about being protected by the Gunner's Mate, they will not be focusing properly on their tasks.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Back to top Go down

Post by strods on June 5th 2014, 7:21 pm

Claymore wrote:HISTORY!

My personal attitude is that I am a "Grunt".  I worry about my own little "Section of Fire" (Rangers, NRA Instructor, and Hunter Safety Instructor).  If I spend all of my time worrying about Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and the Church Nursery, I can't do my own job.

Just like: if the Gunner's Mate is worrying about the guys in the Engine Room, he won't be focusing on his targets and doing his own job efficiently.  If the guys in the Engine Room are spending their time worrying about being protected by the Gunner's Mate, they will not be focusing properly on their tasks.
EXACTALLY! I ain't got time to bleed! I got boys to RTK! So often with church politics or Nat'l Revisions, I stand, give it a once over, and then go back work in the "fields". They split hairs, they play games, they argue over stupid points, and completely broken concepts. All they while a perfectly good, cost effect, enjoyable ministry stands ready for those willing to step up . . . and you can hear crickets!

sorry, stepping down from my soapbox now.
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore on June 5th 2014, 10:34 pm

Oh, not before you get a round of Raving Applause! cheers 

18Z,        11B4X

Claymore
Super Star Member
Super Star Member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on June 6th 2014, 8:38 am

An interesting line from Ecclesiastes 7:10: "Do not say, "Why were the old days better than these? For it is not wise to ask such questions."

It seems that even back then, people wished for the good old days. Is it better to avoid dwelling on history, and instead, point out what's going to happen tomorrow if we stay on the same cultural path? I'll have to do some study on this scripture's meaning.

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones on June 8th 2014, 8:24 pm

Ya. Ecclesiastes was written by Soloman as he pursued his life and for a time out of the will of God one can come up wth all kinds of really odd ideas...

Like Eccles chap 9: 5-10. A good example of God's Word and what does it really mean...? Is it an example of what happens to man when he explores his inner self that is thoughts get so muddled that he can't tell if it's good advice or wrong advice.... In this book there is evidence of both.

Jehovah's Witness love to preach out of that book. One can find all kinds of wild thought that one can use to say just about anything they want to say and say..it's in the Bible.. GRIN! Yup...it's there..but the man was out of the Will of God when he wrote it.

Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by strods on June 8th 2014, 9:46 pm

joecool wrote:While it's important to inform people of what's going on, I would like to see this forum's intelligent, wise and spiritually mature posters to start moving in a different direction. What can we, with God's help, do to turn this around. Or at least slow it down.

I will be teaching a freshman elective next year, titled "Computing Culture." By design, it can be interpreted more than one way. Yes, I will do a lot of computer stuff with them. But I will also guide them in trying to figure out the culture they live in, and how they can impact their generation. This is my long-awaited student-staffed think tank, which has been funded by a grant.

So, what kind of advice would you give to young high-schoolers? Where would you have them start? Do you have any resources, in addition to the Bible, that have spoken to you over the years?
I missed your original question earlier, then recently re-read it and wanted to give you a more focused answer.
One avenue would be to look at recent crisis that loom on the horizons (Natural, financial, health care) compared to the American dependance on government.
If you think I'm kidding, this kind of study now has a college letting you major in it. http://www.oakland.edu/post-apocalyptic-studies
strods

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on June 9th 2014, 9:10 pm

strods wrote: One avenue would be to look at recent crisis that loom on the horizons (Natural, financial, health care) compared to the American dependance on government.

Perhaps I could put your idea together with Claymore's. The students could study the history of cultural issues, and given today's atmosphere, make a prediction on where they will go in the next decade. Now that should open people's eyes.

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by joecool on July 2nd 2014, 12:33 pm

Nothing to worry about here. Chase Morgan Bank has added a few new questions to their (non-anonymous) annual employee survey. Among them:

"Are you an ally of the LGBT movement?"

Making a list of who's naughty and nice? Prioritizing their layoff roster? Imagine the HHS swat teams breaking down the doors if Hobby Lobby asked their employees the same question.

joecool
Star member
Star member

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett on July 2nd 2014, 1:59 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if some non-LEO fed agency sent a well-armed swat team to ruff up Hobby Lobby's owners or families. Obama vows to "mitigate" the SCOTUS's decision on Hobby Lobby.

Whatever weapons police have we should have.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.99

RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: