RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» March 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 8:22 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 24th 2024, 7:09 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17078 messages in 1004 subjects

Scout Leaders destroy ancient rock formation to "save lives"

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would you have done the same thing?

Scout Leaders destroy ancient rock formation to "save lives" - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Scout Leaders destroy ancient rock formation to "save lives" - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Scout Leaders destroy ancient rock formation to "save lives" - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Scout Leaders destroy ancient rock formation to "save lives" - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Scout Leaders destroy ancient rock formation to "save lives" - Page 2 Vote_lcap86%Scout Leaders destroy ancient rock formation to "save lives" - Page 2 Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 7

Scout Leaders destroy ancient rock formation to "save lives" - Page 2 Empty Re: Scout Leaders destroy ancient rock formation to "save lives"

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 22nd 2013, 8:02 pm

Wrong is wrong no judgment about it.

RR Outpost #215, Ohio District :flag:
RR GMA #83 Potomac Dist-#2366 Nat'l

"Be Ready, It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark."

fire FCF Frontiersman 9/91 fire
Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,
Outpost Leader Advancement Levels:
LMA-Advanced 10/11, MoE 2012-092

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Scout Leaders destroy ancient rock formation to "save lives" - Page 2 Empty Re: Scout Leaders destroy ancient rock formation to "save lives"

Post by Mark Jones October 24th 2013, 7:53 am

Hang him hi. Ruion his life. Deny 2 more men years of taking young men out and 99.9% of the time being perfect. Yup he messed up. Let's hang him hi. Make him pay for it. He deserves that felony. I say we can ruin his life for his family as well. Give scouts a bad name. Let's put a brand accross his head so all will know he pushed a rock off of a shifting sand base single handed.

I see people on a daily basis that are on disability. I am not walking in their shoes. I dont' feel that nerve that doesn't give up inflicting pain all the time from someone else's mistake. He looks ok from here. Let's fry him.

What's funny is the folks that don't get outside much are up in arms about this. The folks that see this stuff on a daily basis are looking around saying...it's just a rock that was about to fall over and kill someone. There are gillions of them out there...go outside and look around. You will find them a common place.
So... what would Jesus do? Hang him hi? I think not. He would have rolled the stone away. GRIN!
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 24th 2013, 9:36 pm

Or left him to die on a cross. Either way its of no consequence to me what his fate is. It is him, not we who may or may not have given scouts a bad name.

Should I assume if you were a judge you would give out the lightest sentence possible or throw out the case completely? How far does that go? Do we let them all go on rape, murder, grand theft, etc? Imho, the whole world would become Chicago.

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:
LTC LMA 5/94, Ranger Basics 1/05, LTA LMA 5/05, NTC IL 5/09, WCO 10/09, ICS 4/10, RKTC 7/10, Ranger Essentials 8/10, NRMC 10/11,

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore October 24th 2013, 11:17 pm

I think that the punishment is already happening to that fellow.  He has lost his leadership status in Scouts, he may have to retain a defense attorney for Criminal Liability, and I'm pretty sure that this video drops the bottom from his million-dollar lawsuit.

It's kind-of like the "Light Version" of the Darwin Awards.

18Z,        11B4X

"The last thing that I want to do is to hurt you,...................... but it's still on the list."
Claymore
Claymore
Special Member
Special Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones October 25th 2013, 1:07 pm

Claymore I think you hit it on the nail.  His foolish mistake has cost him dearly.  

Some folks have little common sense and make very stupid mistakes the lucky ones don't get caught. The unlucky ones sometimes get the book thrown at them.  

The only difference between most of us and most of the folks in jails is no one was watching when we messed up.  I try my best with God's help to do the right thing.  Every now and then I find myself doing something stupid and think..why did I do that?  I have so many rules at work to go by. If  did them all they would fire me for being unproductive.  

I would take Jesus stand on this as with the lady at the well.  With the rock tipper He was guilty.  His public history is not too good.  Everyone wants to stone him so to speak.  I would say to each of you...have you ever done something really stupid and are thankful you didn' t get caught in the middle of it?  If your that perfect then I will amagine God has a plan in mind to catch us in our own self ritcheousness.  

Again.  I don't tear stuff up.  I leave it better than I found it.  The two men messed up and they are paying for it.  If I was Judge.  I would say hey stupid if we catch you doing that again.. your going to be in BIG TROUBLE.  
I believe in forgiveness. Pentance is a Catholic practice and I don't feel it Christian to do it. Whom the Son has set free is free indeed.... (if they repent) If not they will fry either way.
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RRCmdrBennett October 25th 2013, 8:20 pm

Mark, you're right on!

Free Trapper 2016
Training Seminars/Camps:

RR v1.0

Lima
Golf
Bravo
RRCmdrBennett
RRCmdrBennett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum