RangerChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» March 2024 Thread
by joecool Yesterday at 8:22 am

» Culture Rot
by joecool March 24th 2024, 7:09 pm

» Vacation Bible School
by joecool March 16th 2024, 9:19 pm

» If It Bleeds...
by ccm2361 March 12th 2024, 7:23 pm

» Small Church Survival
by joecool March 11th 2024, 11:05 pm

» They Still Remember....
by Claymore March 10th 2024, 4:04 pm

» Common Sense
by joecool February 26th 2024, 9:15 pm

» Book of the Month Club
by joecool February 20th 2024, 4:18 pm

» February 2024 Thread
by Claymore February 16th 2024, 5:20 pm

Statistics
We have 115 registered users
The newest registered user is Scott07

Our users have posted a total of 17078 messages in 1004 subjects

FCF Advancement Presentation

4 posters

Go down

FCF Advancement Presentation Empty FCF Advancement Presentation

Post by strods September 24th 2013, 8:32 pm

Over the last few years we have focused on simply the Frontiersmen level.
Now that we have about a half dozen Frontiersmen, I'm wanting to help motivate the boys to Buckskin and up.

FCF Advancement Info

There are a few things that are Outpost specific, like Buckskin a requirement for FCF Scout.

Also, I've been having some boys start to go gear crazy, so I'm working up some guidance so they don't waste money on things they don't need.

FCF Gear List

With this well be also having an FCF Focus night on the last Wed of every month. We'll do an FCF Craft, like making outfits, and once you have one, wear it to the meeting.
strods
strods

Back to top Go down

FCF Advancement Presentation Empty Re: FCF Advancement Presentation

Post by ccm2361 September 24th 2013, 9:59 pm

sweet! Thumbs up 

you've been busy!

ccm2361
ccm2361
Admin
Admin

https://rangerchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Jones September 25th 2013, 7:32 am

Share pictures. Great job!

strods wrote:Over the last few years we have focused on simply the Frontiersmen level.
Now that we have about a half dozen Frontiersmen, I'm wanting to help motivate the boys to Buckskin and up.

FCF Advancement Info

There are a few things that are Outpost specific, like Buckskin a requirement for FCF Scout.

Also, I've been having some boys start to go gear crazy, so I'm working up some guidance so they don't waste money on things they don't need.

FCF Gear List

With this well be also having an FCF Focus night on the last Wed of every month.  We'll do an FCF Craft, like making outfits, and once you have one, wear it to the meeting.  
Mark Jones
Mark Jones
Star member
Star member

http://readyrangers.tzo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by red squirrel September 27th 2013, 10:24 am

Howdy!

FCF, nom nom nom . . .

Smile

Gear list for boys should be kept simple. They should be able to carry in their entire camp (without a shelter or cot) on their backs.
Keep in mind my view of this, is to keep it so simple that every boy can achieve the list.

List; flint and steel kit, complete with charred cloth or punkwood, a striker and flint. A striker can be a piece of an old worn out file, purchased at a flea market for $2. Its not in a period shape, but they will have something to start a fire with until such time as they can get one.

Knife-hawk-belt.
Another usable knife for camp chores. One that would not be thrown.

Canvas or leather leggings, to take care of the pants part. One can wear jeans, shorts, sweats, whatever underneath and no one will know.

A long shirt that reaches down to the knees, in colonial style. This will cover up the top part of the britches, and is very period correct.

A linen or cotton scarf for the neck, possibly one for the head also in colder weather.

Moccs

A tin cup

Thats really all an FCF lad needs to come to camp and compete in most any competition (not including black powder shooting). His sleeping bag (I use a wool blanket) can be rolled up like normal with a tumpline in the middle and carried in.
Most outposts have a kitchen box, in which case lads do not need to bring a skillet or pot. Some added stuff like fork and spoon, or a tin plate or something might be nice to personalize his kit.

But, I am on the lunatic fringe-side of frontier camping, and believe we have much larger camps than needed, or what were historical. My daughter and I can carry our entire kit, tent, and cooking stuff inside my nissan sentra. And be completely period correct. It can be done.

Wink Smile

Thats what works for me. For others, mileage may vary.

Wink Smile

SE
red squirrel
red squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum